Recent content by d2k5000

1. D

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I just received a similar message from Apos Audio regarding my order. They say that it should be shipped out on the September 15th. They did give me a $15 gift card as compensation.
  2. D

Would it be possible to have a firmware update so that people could choose which filter they want? It is a little unclear to me if the potential fix would be through a firmware update or a change at the production level. I am very tempted to order right now, but I don't want to make a purchase...
  3. D

I wanted to extend my thanks to Topping and Amir for being so responsive to the desires of the community. I realize that it is probably not an issue that is audible to the majority of users, but I would feel better if the filter allowed for a flatter frequency response. I would vote for a...
  4. D

Topping G5

https://apos.audio/products/topping-g5-portable-dac-amp?utm_campaign=August%2015%20TOPPING%20G5%20Portable%20DAC%2FAmp%20Now%20at%20Apos%20Audio%20%28SMNMmW%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=All%20Customers%20who%20Accept%20Marketing&_kx=aUB6YqyRMIq8Qz-bsfC08WyJsNcygVl1Gf_qCQUrCDQ%3D.Ldk8SW Looks...
  5. D

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Have you had any chance to do any more side-by-side tests? I would definitely be interested to find out the results.
  6. D

I look forward to hearing this test!
  7. D

Great review! The Stealth is also my headphone of choice, and I have never had gotten close to maxing out the volume on my A90 with them. Would you say that there is any real sound quality upgrade to the A90 Discrete over the A90 for this use case, or is it just qualify of life advantages? Thanks
  8. D

Best Symphonic Recordings

They is not exactly symphonic, but I just discovered the Prague cello quartet. Their music seems exceptionally well recorded to me.
  9. D

Home theater/music listening (Revel m16 vs Elac DBR62 vs Revel F35)

Thanks for the replys guys. I would certainly consider buying used or refurbished for the right deal. I regularly scour craigslist and Facebook marketplace for deals, but right now I am just trying to get a general idea of what to look for. Perhaps I am underestimating the importance of quality...
  10. D

Home theater/music listening (Revel m16 vs Elac DBR62 vs Revel F35)

I am kind of new to the speaker and home theater game, so I could use some help. Most of my listening experience has been on headphones due to my living situation. However, I may be moving into a larger home where I would not have to worry about the neighbors soon, so I am starting to consider...
  11. D

Xduoo Link2 Bal: the most powerful USB dongle DAC-AMP on the market?

Just looked up the review for the xDuoo XA-10 amp, and it certainly performed much worse than the specs sheet would have suggested. I can only hope that the Link2 Bal would fair better.
  12. D

Xduoo Link2 Bal: the most powerful USB dongle DAC-AMP on the market?

Looks interesting. I have been looking a portable dac/amp solution for harder to drive full sized headphones. I would certainly be interested in seeing it measured.
  13. D

Looking to upgrade from Campfire Solaris 2019

I used to own the original Solaris, and I liked it a lot. It is hard to beat for the price. As for over ear cans, I ended up purchasing the DC Audio Stealth. I listened to it at Canjam and ended up buying a demo model on the spot. I don't have the Solaris to compare directly. I ended up...
  14. D

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

I bought a the a90 through Apos audio in June. Sounds great to me. Once you get used to to such low distortion, tube amps just sound fuzzy and gross. I did have a question about the volume knob. Is it normal for there to be a channel imbalance at very low volumes? It seems to be low enough that...
Top Bottom