Recent content by d00d

1. D

Dynamic range compression / dialog enhancement solutions

As far as I can tell, the audio enhancement settings only apply to the TV speakers, so when using internal speakers + optical out, the optical out is not pre-processed other than downmixing to 2ch PCM. I'm just going to get a either a new Denon AVR with audyssey volume or find an old HK avr...
  2. D

Yeah none of those sound settings are available when using soley optical out or line out, but I have not tried the internal speakers + optical/line out setting to see if the pre-processing gets applied to the optical output or line out. I'll try that later today, thanks!
  3. D

Thank you for the suggestions, but the TV has no audio settings available when using optical out other than PCM and Passthrough. I do have normalize multi-channel audio checked in Plex and that works as intended, but the dynamic range is still too broad.
  4. D

The TV obviously does downmix to stereo, but it doesn’t apply any compression. I care much more about not messing with the volume every 30s than the audio fidelity and dynamic range.
  5. D

I haven't been able to find anything reasonably priced so it does look like I'll have to just get a modern AVR. I should add that I actually do have one of these Rolls Volume Limiter devices, and it does solve this issue, but the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired (sounds fine for dialog...
  6. D

There are some dialog enhancement settings, but unfortunately they are only available when using the TV speakers.
  7. D

I have the classic issue with a 2.1 setup where dialog is way too low and sound effects are way too loud. I'm looking for different ways of resolving this issue. I'm mainly using streaming apps and Plex natively on my TV, so the setup currently looks like this: LG C9 TV->optical out->Topping...
  8. D

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Has anyone tried the DX3 Pro on a PS5, yet? The PS5 only supports USB audio class 1 devices, which usually rules out any of the newer USB DACs.
Top Bottom