Recent content by cyruz

1. C

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Thanks Michael, so it's post processing. I'm wondering if you can apply Dirac correction on PC with a simple stereo license.
  2. C

So let me understand, everything that goes on output can be processed on your PC before/after the internal DSP? Does this mean that digital inputs can be processed on a PC?
  3. C

Question for the owners, the USB connection is only for audio output (like a DAC) or the digital inputs as well (audio interface style)?
  4. C

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Your listening room must be quite big otherwise you either listen to ear damaging levels or have some attenuation/hardware issues in your chain...
  5. C

Just to add that there are several audio webzines that are linking back to Amir's review as well, contributing to the score. Interesting that the reviews here are being cited by communities that advocate for a subjective approach to audio.
  6. C

"Measures more or less equal" is an extremely unfair statement. As outlined by the measurements the difference is substantial. If you want to argue about the audibility and the price/performance ratio it's a different thing, but measurements are objective.
  7. C

[EU] [WTS] Headphones ESS 422H - Bluetooth Headphone Amp Fiio BTR5 (1st gen)

Hi guys, as per subject, I would like to sell: Headphones ESS 422H. Dekoni Velour pad installed + original one provided. Original accessories and box are included. Used ~ 3 hours, like new. Price: 60 euro. Portable Bluetooth Headphone Amp Fiio BTR5 (1st gen). Amp + plastic holder with clip...
  8. C

Why aren't we pushing for more 4-8 channel DACS for a quality Stereo setup

A possible solution, I'm proposing it because I know you like to thinker, it's a bluetooth remote and some Autohotkey code to run the macros that will change the volume. It should be quite easy if you have some programming skills (the HID library is already available). As a remote I'm not sure...
  9. C

Yet you are still talking about implementing a solution. People is talking about buying one. Your mindset is brilliant, but you are not acknowledging the "lazy" customers. Anyway, cheers!
  10. C

There are things people are willing to thinker with. Maybe somebody is willing to do trial and errors and learn how to do active DSP but they are not willing to hack a remote control or to learn Linux and assemble a Raspi. In my previous post I was talking about tradeoffs. I won't quote all the...
  11. C

Hi Michael, yes definitely available but they are not the class of product that are requested by most of the ops. People are looking for DACs not for full flegded audio interfaces. They want remotes, class compliant, dead simple devices with the same SOTA chips used in the stereo DACs. I got...
  12. C

This "need" for a good priced and simple multichannel DAC pops out very often, lately... I think it's just a matter of time and we will get one. The sooner the better for vendors and us. Just the fact that the Okto is not for sale now because of the too many orders should be an indication that...
  13. C

TV Series Suggestion Please

I think the first season of True Detective was some of the best stuff I've ever seen on TV. The next seasons were subpar, but luckily each season is self-contained.
  14. C

[Gallium Nitride amplifier] Impressions of the Mini Gan 5 by Premium Audio, pictures / video inside

I mostly agree but if we talk semantics, there are several definitions for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=transparent
  15. C

How did software development become so hard (Windows)???

I agree with whoever said that actually Windows 10 has made many progresses when it comes to stability. I remember that before W7 it has always been a show of random BSOD with any hardware. I owned and own many computers (desktop, laptop, tablet), mostly OEM machines, one self built. Never had...
Top Bottom