Recent content by ~cw

1. C

What's up with Android native sound quality and dithering/resampling? Any issues with latest OS or certain hardware platforms?

I also have an LG G4 which I found while looking for my S9, I'll test that and add it to the video I'm making...
  2. C

What's up with Android native sound quality and dithering/resampling? Any issues with latest OS or certain hardware platforms?

I stand corrected, I finally found my S9 and brought it out of retirement for tests. It behaves identically to yours - but it's not quite as bad/obvious as on the X1 III, which is still interesting. Both devices, when forced to use their respective HD Audio audio routing (instead of Android...
  3. C

That's interesting, my previous device was an S9 but the European Exynos version, and I never noticed any obvious bit crushing, excessive noise or poor scaling at low volumes on IEMs, Bluetooth or analogue headphone amp... I still have it so I'll do some comparisons. I've been busy with work...
  4. C

I recently picked up a new Sony Xperia 1 III running Android 11 (amongst other things, sold on the merits of its audio playback quality). Yet, when playing back audio from various apps or sources, either using headphones through its 3.5 mm output, or streaming LDAC over Bluetooth to a BTR3...
Top Bottom