Recent content by Some Luck

1. Some Luck

Buzz off! Cant stop the buzz on my microphone/headphone

Hi Lambda, Thanks for the reply! I have not tried swapping out the fedhead yet, only because I bought it recently and had the same problem before I got it. But your right I should swap that out. I tried my friend's bus-powered interface and turned off the breaker, the sound was different, maybe...
  2. Some Luck

Thanks, rationaltime. I will sniff around and see if I know someone with a small diaphragm condenser. I will also try the metal coffee can tip. Is that a permanent solution, or just a test?
  3. Some Luck

Just wanted to give a little bump. Wondering if anyone has had any success with certain kinds of mics?
  4. Some Luck

Oh and I did try the switch the impedence, it changed the tone but didn't have a huge impact on the buzzing. Great suggestion though, and something I hadn't thought of!
  5. Some Luck

Thanks for this suggestion! I was thinking of getting some Mogami gold because it's available at most of the audio stores around where I live. Do you think that the Gotham would provide superior protection from EMI than the Mogami's? Also, pardon if this is a dumb question, I'm learning a lot...
  6. Some Luck

Here's a video and recording of the noise. At the end, I point the mic at my Apollos power supply and you can hear the significant gain increase
  7. Some Luck

SO after doing some more digging, and based on the fact that the sound changes when I move my microphone in the air. I think that it is most likely an EMI issue. The problem is that in my studio several sources make this louder, mainly just different walls. Interestingly one of the quietest...
  8. Some Luck

Ok, so I did a very inconclusive test. i went to my buddy's place and it still buzzed., Its not surprising because hes also experiencing some buzzing issues with his guitar and asmp. Ill check at other peoples places when more people return from Christmas break
  9. Some Luck

Thanks! What would be a good way to resolve this?
  10. Some Luck

Have yet to try this, but it is on the top of my list to do. IF it doesn't make a noise somewhere else would that mean its most likely my building?
  11. Some Luck

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to look this over, its really driving me crazy. The problem: I am getting a loud buzzing noise, with a noticeable 60-hertz tone in my recordings. Where I'm at: First, everything is plugged into a single surge protector (just a bog standard one...
  12. Some Luck

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

Happy to hear everything is going well for you! Outside of this issue, I absoloutley love the speakers! By the way, I think you can shorten the time of the automated shut off via their MA 1 software.
  13. Some Luck

Anyone having any issues with their KH 150s? My right speaker peridocally stay on all night (instead of the auto shutoff). I also sometimes need to adjust (push/turn) the monitor cables in my audio interface to get the right speaker to play at full volume. This obviously could be a cable issue...
  14. Some Luck

I also came to similar opinion when I heard them. To me the imaging/sense of depth was stronger in the KH 150's. I dont know if that has to do with the DSP allowing for better phase, but whatever it is it was a noticeable difference to me.
  15. Some Luck

The Kh 310's actually have the same recommended minimum listening distance as the KH 150's (0.75 meters). I think it more has to do with physical size of the speaker fitting into the room. In a very small room 310's could be too large to position properly. For instance, if your optimimal...
Top Bottom