Recent content by curiouspeter

1. curiouspeter

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

The volume knob (light ring) goes way past 12 o'clock.
  2. curiouspeter

It seems their programmers are very competent. I am a software guy and I notice things. The TDAI-1120 seems to have stable firmware. The UI makes sense and it does not have many bugs. In comparison, I find Roon not very smooth or stable.
  3. curiouspeter

It should not get hot. Mine only gets warm. What is 90% volume? How many dB below reference is that?
  4. curiouspeter

Should I get GAIA feet for my LS50 Metas to minimize noise transmission?

I am not as concerned about airborne noise as we have concrete floors. I doubt anything above 40 Hz will get through. The LS50s do not get loud at lower frequencies. I normally listen at 60 dB (average) or below anyway. I am more worried about mechanical transmissions. I can occasionally hear...
  5. curiouspeter

Should I get GAIA feet for my LS50 Metas to minimize noise transmission?

We have downstairs neighbors but no one ever complained. However, I want to minimize vibration just in case. Currently, the speakers are on the matching S2 stands on spikes and discs. We have engineered wood floors with sound-absorbing underlayment. Should I get some GAIA feet to improve...
  6. curiouspeter

EQ in ROON guidance

Using REW to produce convolution filters for Roon is very convoluted.
  7. curiouspeter

EQ in ROON guidance

I used to do "room correction" using Roon PEQ. I used REW with a miniDSP microphone to determine the peaks. It definitely helped, as I had a nasty room mode. I suspected that I could do better, so I got RoomPerfect. Now it is MUCH better. Yes, the cut at 3000 Hz will fix brightness. I created...
  8. curiouspeter

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

I occasionally turn off RoomPerfect just to compare. My room is not listenable without room correction. Room correction will not correct subtleties in the DAC. It has a lot to do with the bass though.
  9. curiouspeter

Room Correction is worth at least $1000-2000. Also, HDMI ARC is very convenient to use. I will always prefer Lyngdorf over BluOS though.
  10. curiouspeter

If you can live without the LCD screen the Lyndorf TDAI-1120 is quite reliable.
  11. curiouspeter

Are you a headphone or speaker user?

With RoomPerfect or Dirac Live perhaps speakers will be viable for more people. The average SPL of my music is usually 60-65 dB and I do not have a subwoofer. It is not going to bother neighbors.
  12. curiouspeter

Soundcore life Q30 && Q35

I have a pair of Q30 and it is quite decent. You can pair two devices and it will play the active source automatically. It is good for background music and not serious listening. I tried the AirPod Max at an Apple store and liked it more. However, it costs several times and I still will not...
  13. curiouspeter

Roon and NAS installs

With Roon 2.0, native Apple Silicon support is going to make those M1 Macs really powerful Roon servers.
  14. curiouspeter

Roon and NAS installs

Are you doing any native DSD processing? It should not be maxing out the CPU even with some EQ.
  15. curiouspeter

Roon and NAS installs

If your music library is under 1TB it may be worthwhile for it to be on an SSD as well. Archives and online backups can be on HDD.
Top Bottom