Recent content by CTRLM

1. CTRLM

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I guess my ears are probably on the the bigger side but sit fairly flat. They definitely float freely in their own space and now it's really hard to put something like the Senns on.
  2. CTRLM

A lot has changed in the last 3 years. I now have 2 headphone setups at home that I use a lot and I EQ all my headphones to some degree: HD600 - very rarely use. HD650 - gave them to my son in law. Denon D9200 - bought and sold again. My try with closed backs, really wonky tuning to my ears...
  3. CTRLM

What is your favorite house curve

No - it's 0.8dB per octave. 1dB per octave would be a 10db slope overall. I myself prefer a 7-8dB slope as 10dB or 1dB per octave sounds dull in my setup.
  4. CTRLM

Good EQ for MacOS and IOS (IPAD) to Play Qobuz on Headphones

I finally worked it out! Thanks @Music1969 for offering to help I appreciate it, and thanks for highlighting this option in the first place. I can now add my presets in. If you have any pearls of wisdom as far as further settings go I will gladly take them on board :)
  5. CTRLM

Yes I do but I am clueless how to add the DAC. The only way I've worked out to do it.....it replaces Blackhole, which is obviously wrong.
  6. CTRLM

I already use the Toneboosters plugin with Audirvana so I downloaded Blackhole and Element but so far it's beyond my capabilities to get up & running :facepalm: So far I have exactly what you have in your screenshot but I'm clueless as to what the next link is supposed to be.......I'll push on.
  7. CTRLM

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

I saw and enjoyed this movie recently. Even more so - I loved the haunting soundtrack by Stephen McKeon: It's on Spotify.
  8. CTRLM

Topping A90 - Just bought and connected.....Daft questions

To keep it simple: 1) RME to output and just use it's DAC Settings on the RME: Reference level +7dB Volume level 0.0 dB Auto Ref Level: Off Lock Volume: On Should be fine for low & medium gain with 3.47 Vrms going to to the A90. If you are going to use high gain on the A90, make the volume...
  9. CTRLM

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

I'll give it a try :)
  10. CTRLM

Some of the AutoEQ numbers are very specific when it comes to frequencies and Q values - Q 2.99? LOL For the most part I've left them alone and only altered the gains with an exception being the first filter. The AutoEQ number is 18Hz and Q 0.41 but my Toneboosters plugin only goes down to...
  11. CTRLM

Interesting test results. I have the Ananda and EQ'd them using the AutoEQ filters based on Oratory measurements as a base, then I tweaked those filters according to my preference over multiple listening sessions to arrive at my preferred setting, as I feel that some of the published filters...
  12. CTRLM

I'd be interested in your thoughts on Ananda vs HE-6 SE V2.
  13. CTRLM

The shape of the cups might take some getting used to depending on the shape of your head. I actually preferred the fit of the Sundara when auditioning but went for the sound of the Ananda.
  14. CTRLM

Hifiman HE-6 Review (Headphone)

Agreed. I use the Oratory Harman EQ purely as a baseline and then tune to my taste on my Clears & Anandas. That involves a maximum of 2dB low shelf and at a lower frequency level. I also usually vary the amount of gain/attenuation on the filters I use to taste and discard others that I find...
  15. CTRLM

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

As I understand it: 2012XXXXX still might have an issue with electrostatic discharge protection but it won't melt your headphones. 2102XXXXX has fixes for both issues. I'm happy with my 2012 replacement, never had an issue with my previous 2007XXXXX unit.
Top Bottom