Recent content by CTheCurious

1. C

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I get what you mean and if I was just looking for my endgame, or something like that, trying to be efficient on money and time this would have been perfect. Right now I just want to wait and expand my collection slowly, to enjoy it for the longest time possible and see the difference between...
  2. C

Thank you for the answer, you have a good point. I am already experimenting with EQ and will go on with it. Right now I'm quiet satisfied with the HD560S, it's an headphone I think it's worth every sinlge cent and even more. That said, as I told, for me this is kinda the next step, and I want...
  3. C

Talking about journey, I'll list my little headphone collection and then I would love to get an opinion from you guys for my next step. Right now I own: Headphones: Sennheiser HD560S; (My favorite and daily driver right now) AKG K712 PRO; (My first decent headphone) Koss Kph30i...
  4. C

Topping E30 powersupply/USB noise

Yup, I guess that is a good point too. Since the 2 circuits, the PC and the Amp, were interconnected with each other, passing by the DAC first, the loop would be interrupted if one of the grounds is removed. In fact the reason why I don't have a loop noise, now that I plugged the phone...
  5. C

Nice argumentation, the usb ports were on a basic usb hub powered by a DC powersupply, so I don't think i can do much there, I think I could try to ground the PC USBs and connect the dac to them. I changed the powersupply to a phone chargher and connected the toslink, the noise isn't there at...
  6. C

Yep, I think this is a great example.
  7. C

Yes I think you're right, for the powersupply I should not need anything fancy, the USB is the main problem but before spending any money on filters I will do some tests to see if I can solve the loop.
  8. C

Little update. Right now, since I've bought a Topping A30PRO, I'm using the ground/lift switch on the rear of the unit to eliminate the ground loop. It seemes it's working like a charm, with the switch positioned on ground I can ear the loop, on lift it disappears completely. For now I think I...
  9. C

I would not call them issues, more limitations on sampling, bandwidth and some software side features. Obviously I could leave it as it is but I would prefer to solve the problem on the USB anyway. Yes I guess I just have to try, unfortunately this week I'm outside for work so I have to wait...
  10. C

Hi everyone, I just want to expose a problem I have with my Topping E30, the way I temporary solved it and where I think I can get better. Plus I want to know your thoughts and opinions. Configuration: I plugged my DAC to 2 USB, obviously 1 for power and 1 for data, on a USB hub that has it's...
Top Bottom