Recent content by ctbarker32

1. C

I need advice on choosing a phono preamp.

They are the same in functionality. The Waxwing is the new version that you control with your phone. Puffin is being deprecated.
  2. C

The Waxwing Thread

I got one of the first twenty made. Like the Puffin, it is a groundbreaking product for the Phono world. As new firmware features are developed it will transform phono listening in ways no pure analog phono preamp can muster. In some ways it is aanobvious product evolution. I am shocked that no...
  3. C

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

I for one have been using the MC-1 for the past several years as a surround processor. In that role it works exceptionally well and I am very pleased. I switched to the MC-1 after I could not get an XMC-2 to work properly with my Sony OLED TV using ARC. The MC-1 has proven to be very compatible...
  4. C

I need advice on choosing a phono preamp.

Puffin Audio - Waxwing DSP Phono. I have one, it's that good.
  5. C

Small form factor CD player

Project CD players are what you are looking for.
  6. C

The Science of Roon Endpoint price points

$15. Ropieee now runs on it so it is even easier to setup.
  7. C

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

The DC Hi-Fi Group had a special virtual meeting with Nelson Pass yesterday. One of the best comments from Nelson was "It's entertainment, not Dialysis" Lots of good discussion about the art and science of designing audio from a true legend of the industry.
  8. C

RME ADI-2 FS R BE + Turntable...and what else??

Parks Audio Puffin with digital out (toslink or S/PDIF) is your answer.
  9. C

Any experience with Magnepan modifications?

I made a popular video on modding LRS speakers.
  10. C

Porcupine Tree 2022 Toronto

I will be seeing them at the Anthem in DC a week from now. It is close to a year to the day that I saw the very last and final concert of King Crimson in North America at the very same venue. Of course, Gavin Harrison was/will be playing both concerts. I have seen Porcupine Tree twice. One was...
  11. C

Audioquest Pearl USB Cable Review

In this day of MoFiGate and other revelations, should not the Audiophile product purveyors (Hardware, Software, etc.) such as Audioquest be held accountable for the nonsense they have been peddling for decades by misleading and lying to their customers? If a given product can be tested and...
  12. C

Phono preamp with USB output recommendation

ART USB Phono Plus Phono Preamp with USB Excellent device. I made 300 needle drops with this exact device. It can handle RIAA phono or straight through analog line level inputs.
  13. C

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Audiophiles will believe anything. I was just reading about Plato's Cave. A good analogy for the world of the Audiophile. On sale for $187. ADD-POWER
  14. C

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

I got this in my email today from the ironically named "Audio Sensibility". Safe to say these "customers" don't follow ASR! Back In Stock!!!! AC Power Supply Optimizer The response to our original NCF Clear Line announcement was amazing. We sold out in 24 hours. We now have this sought...
Top Bottom