Recent content by Crow

1. Crow

Fanmusic in products name

Thank you @staticV3
  2. Crow

Topping Reliability

Thanks to this forum I bought a Topping D10s (my first DAC) three years ago and it worked flawlessly 12 to 15 hours 7 days a week for 2 and a half years, then I moved to another house and returned to the computer SB card, in December I bought a WiiM Pro with a good discount and had better music...
  3. Crow

Fanmusic in products name

I want to buy an S.M.S.L D-6 but I found that the brand is preceded by "Fanmusic" (Fanmusic S.M.S.L D-6) and didn't know what to think, is this a scam? a new company? began to search and found more items from S.M.S.L and Topping using the same word at the beginning. Anybody knows what does it...
  4. Crow

Shanling M0 Pro DAP Review

There is a more recent unit, the Shanlin M1S. It seems better (and pricier), hope to see a review at some point.
  5. Crow

Looking for a ‘dumb’ DAP

AND... the AP80 PRO-X uses the Hiby BT drivers
  6. Crow

Looking for a ‘dumb’ DAP

I'm waiting :) I'm interested in the Hidizs AP80 PRO-X Bluetooth because sometimes it will be used for streaming music to a speaker (friends, barbecue, gardening, you know) and it uses 4.2, the Shanling M0 Pro has the 5.0 version but it doesn't includes a magnifying glass :( Just received the...
  7. Crow

Looking for a ‘dumb’ DAP

Please, share your experience. I think I will go for the Hidizs AP80 PRO-X too
  8. Crow

Looking for a ‘dumb’ DAP

Whatever you do stay away from the HiBy R2 II I will return mine tomorrow. Bluetooth is really bad and (minor problem) had to put the music in the micro sd directly from the computer. Also, connect it to the NAS is not an easy task. As @Guermantes says an old phone (with a DAC) is a good option...
  9. Crow

Another newbie question: Passive Controller

Probably the Schiit Sys is what I'm looking for but they're not selling it through Amazon right now, I will see if I can get it unless another item shows in this time...
  10. Crow

Hi @ jeffSt444 2 to 3 feet, no more, maybe a preamp is needed? The Raspberry PI4, Topping D10s and Kali Lp6 active speakers will be in the same shelve. If I use the turntable it will be in another shelve but that's a big IF, not decided yet.
  11. Crow

Thank you for your answer. I can't find the Talema anywhere and I'm seeing other options like this https://www.amazon.com.mx/dp/B08MW4T3CM/?coliid=I1QNG8DYYJDKE9&colid=24EX3CA01LDVR&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it I got the music from Spotify and a NAS and hoped to be able to connect my turntable...
  12. Crow

Found another one cheaper but I don't know https://www.amazon.com.mx/Nobsound-GFJ515-JMQ399-Negro-Version/dp/B07GRLV7XG/ref=sr_1_22?__mk_es_MX=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=Passive%2BPreamp%2Bnobsound&qid=1637482779&s=electronics&sr=1-22&th=1
  13. Crow

Right now a computer with Windows, the active speakers (a couple of Kali Lp6) are on it's way, I will be using a Raspberry PI4 followed by a Topping D10s
  14. Crow

I have now the streamer that goes to a Topping D10s DAC and the active speakers are on the way so I'm thinking in connecting the DAC to the speakers but the Topping D10s doesn't have a volume knob and I don't want to use those from the speakers at all times. I could manage the volume by software...
  15. Crow

A question about Edifier speakers

@Walter as long as I remember (and I'm old) we did that every time we bought electronics, other things was not worth the time, even when I changed my residence to center Mexico it was a common practice when I went to the border: buy a stereo, TV, or computer; buy a form, fill the form, recover...
Top Bottom