Recent content by crinacle

1. crinacle

Truthear Nova IEMs

How about this. If we're on the topic of accuracy (or lack thereof), then IEC60318-4/711 would be patently less accurate than the ITU-T Type 4.3 standard when it comes to emulating the acoustic impedance of the human ear. I know that there was a point on this forum where every 5128 publisher...
  2. crinacle

Truthear Nova IEMs

Hey look, that test is as Harman-endorsed as it gets. The parameters selected by Dr Sean Olive himself, watermarked by Harman International, performed on a genuine GRAS system; if it's the topic is on Harman adherency then that's the highest authority anyone could appeal to. Unless of course...
  3. crinacle

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

I think you assume too much malice and nefarious agendas from me. For the record, when I meet Sean again I'll be sure to ask if I did make him uncomfortable during our meeting and apologise if it were the case.
  4. crinacle

Not sure why it's my turn to get crucified now (oh it's just the same guy trying to drag me through the mud again) but there are some things I need to clarify. But it is preference though. In the AE/OE research, respondents, within a controlled environment, were told to adjust bass and slope...
  5. crinacle

Yep, that was the philosophy behind the tuning! Harman research also confirms that user preference toward the magnitude of bass boost and the magnitude of downslope generally tracked each other well (users who preferred more bass generally tuned for more treble, and those preferring less bass...
  6. crinacle

The stock RED tuning has always been my ideal. The Bass+ adapter was included just in case consumers did indeed prefer a higher bass shelf (because there were so many armchair objectivists complaining that it was going to be too little based on early measurements), but at the end of the day it...
  7. crinacle

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Funny how you'd quote me and ask "Established how?", and then completely ignore (and delete!) the rest of my post where I proceed to establish how. But fine, I will play along. I am criticising the Harman IE research and how it is not as rigorous as the OE research. If one holds so much...
  8. crinacle

I think the 2016 paper was the only published one that I could find where respondent input both created and validated the eventual "target" much like the OE research. As you've mentioned, the parameters of the 2017 target is unpublished and the respondents themselves did not play a part in the...
  9. crinacle

Why are there still users placing so much emphasis over Harman-IE-adherence when it's already established that the IE research is fundamentally flawed relative to the OE research? Let's put aside the fact that rankings based on adherence doesn't make sense considering that Harman research was a...
  10. crinacle

As per every single interaction I had with this guy, it's pretty clear that he's only interested in badmouthing and insulting anything that I do. I can predict that if he does buy one, he'll do so for no other reason than to trash it. Guaranteed.
  11. crinacle

Moondrop LAN Review

What you should've done is to post the full analysis by Jaakko which actually shows that between all the compared measurement rigs (InnerFidelity, Headphones.com at the time, Rtings), my "inaccurate" coupler actually comes the CLOSEST to oratory's RA0045. Yes, while it may be hard for you to...
Top Bottom