Recent content by CrimeInPartner

1. CrimeInPartner

SONCOZ SGA-1 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I guess I'm just asking because in the case of the DAC, the latest firmware increased the performance a fair bit over what it was originally shipped with. I wouldn't want to miss out on something similar if Ben continued making improvements on the amp's software like he did on the SGD1.
  2. CrimeInPartner

SONCOZ SGA-1 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

@Ben1987 It doesn't look like the SGA1 does the wireless OTA firmware upgrading that its DAC counterpart does, is that correct? If so, is there any way to do firmware upgrades on it?
  3. CrimeInPartner

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

Right but if that was the case, why was the firmware on my unit out of date? I know it was successfully connecting to my wireless, but it apparently wasn't getting firmware updates or you wouldn't have had to beat your head for a day trying to get the firmware updated in the first place.
  4. CrimeInPartner

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

@Ben1987 Back when I first got my unit, I used the esptouch app to join my SGD1 to my wireless network, and I know at least at one point it was able to get firmware updates. Apparently that is no longer the case as Amir had to reset the firmware and use his phone as a mobile hotspot to get it...
  5. CrimeInPartner

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

@amirm , my SGD1 is collecting dust with my 789 dead and no replacement amp, so I can send you mine if that would help.
  6. CrimeInPartner

Headphone amp audio repair?

Drop is the manufacturer though in this case. This isn't like where they just do large group buys to try and drive a cheaper price by purchasing in bulk. They partnered with THX in designing this thing. Now, I get that they aren't really designed to be doing the repairs themselves as this is...
  7. CrimeInPartner

@amirm Can something be added to the 789 review page warning about the lack of support that will be received if you have problems with the amp? I just got my escalated email from Drop who basically said I was out of luck and won't do anything to provide an option for repair as the manufacturer...
  8. CrimeInPartner

I got an initial reply from the Drop support person that basically said what had been stated prior that they don't do repairs, don't partner with anyone that they can point me to for repairs, and can't provide a schematic so I can find someone to do the repair, but he did get me a copy of the...
  9. CrimeInPartner

Oh I get that. But I don't know what other options there are if the manufacturer isn't going to stand behind their product and make the repairs themselves for some fee, or even partner with other repair places to do the fixes. Suggesting that people with problems should ask the community for...
  10. CrimeInPartner

I went ahead and opened a support request with Drop asking about repair options and for a copy of the schematic as well so I can try and find someone myself able to make the repairs if needed. I'll update once I get something back. To all those that have posted so far, I appreciate your help in...
  11. CrimeInPartner

I checked the Drop community board and it sounds based on others' experiences that, while Drop is considered the manufacturer, they don't do any repairs themselves and won't do anything out of warranty. When asked about making recommendations on who could do repairs, they referred back to asking...
  12. CrimeInPartner

Sorry, I guess I thought that was an assumed. I am talking about the Drop THX AAA 789. I got it in the last batch before Massdrop rebranded all the future 789s to Drop.
  13. CrimeInPartner

So it seems my 789 is having some problems after about 2 years of using it. When I turn it on, the overcurrent protection light turns red, and never clicks over and turns to white. I tried opening it up in hopes of seeing a burned out capacitor or some easy smoking gun I could maybe replace...
  14. CrimeInPartner

It was a hardware fix that happened back when there were maybe only 10 or so SGD1's out in the wild well over a year ago. These days, every SGD1 that you will buy has this fixed. Just the same, and you'd probably have to check this thread somewhere, but you can verify by checking the capacitors...
  15. CrimeInPartner

I just wanted to add some final comments dealing with Yooteetoo on Amazon US. I had mentioned a while back that he had sent me the gray version in error instead of the black one. It's been a good bit of waiting while they were getting their local stock shipped to the US to be delivered through...
Top Bottom