Recent content by CREMA

1. CREMA

Nan-7 Planar Magnetic Headphone Review

It reminds me of the response of a speaker with combfiltering. It's not ideal engineering, but it sounds like fun.
  2. CREMA

Home audio: Surprised and confused how much I like the SX3040 V2 audio exciter

It's a much better choice than buying a $10,000 vacuum tube amp and a NOS R2R DAC to achieve a similar or even dumber effect.
  3. CREMA

Ideal speaker for reproducing voice

I misunderstood the meaning of the post. If you only play the raw vocals, it would be better to keep the reflections rich and wet. This is because the voice sounds terrible when you play the raw vocal source in a dry room.
  4. CREMA

I was mistaken listening environment for a speech, or a for a monitoring. If he's only playing the raw vocals, it'll be far from the studio sound recommendations. It will depend on the listening space and listenining distance, but a speaker with a wide directivity will definitely be good.
  5. CREMA

Speakers with narrow directivity and linear response are needed. The initial reflection and reverberation in the listening room must also be very low or controlled. When a harmful level of comb-filtering occurs, the feeling of the voice collapses.
  6. CREMA

DAC ABX Test Phase 1: Does a SOTA DAC sound the same as a budget DAC if proper controls are put in place? Spoiler: Probably yes. :)

Thank you, Audacity! If you see a ridiculous result on an online test, make sure to bring the person offline and take the test. If you take Spectrum Analyzer away from him, his ears will be a fool.
  7. CREMA

Research on reflections

Whether it's a wide or narrow dispersion, I think the most important thing is a room. It would be nice to be able to remove very early reflections of less than 5ms, create early reflections of -20dB level around 15-40ms, and have good control over late reflections and reverbs afterwards. (Of...
  8. CREMA

Impulcifer, Copy speaker sounds to headphones!

Most people will agree that it is better to use a real loudspeaker than a headphone copied from a loudspeakers. However, it is difficult and expensive to have a multi-channel system as good as a listening room that provides measurement services. It is difficult to allocate your own space for...
  9. CREMA

Battle of RCA Cables: Mogami, Amazon, Monoprice

In the Sighted test... The 0.1 dB difference created by the cable can change all of the soundstage, depth, sound image, clarity, and bass quality. People who believe in their clumsy senses waste money on simple illusion.
  10. CREMA

What is your favorite house curve

Extremely low frequency. MORE, MORE!
  11. CREMA

Where did this spinorama come from?

It looks like 'Behringer B2031A Truth', but I don't know the exact source. I found it while cleaning my hard disk. Is it Harman? Or is it somewhere else?
  12. CREMA

Thank you for making a great Impulcifer. Head tracking is obviously an attractive feature, but sometimes it's not necessary. I sometimes lie in bed and listen to music. In that case, immobile imaging and sound images are required. I'm curious about Smyth Realiser with head tracking, but I'm...
  13. CREMA

In fact, it's almost hard to feel reverb in the HRIR file I'm using now. Because my room is spacious and sound-absorbed, the effects of standing waves and reverberation are small. (240m3?) So my HRIR is that the sound of the speaker is dominant, and the effect of space is slightly added. So...
  14. CREMA

Yes, I think it's similar. it doesn't support the Height Channel like Smyth realiser A16, but it's enough for 7-channel computer audio.
  15. CREMA

I think the expression was a little unclear. It is far from simulating various rooms and speakers. Functions such as BACH-3DM using HRTF may be related to this, but Impulcifer is more like simply copying the response of a speaker placed in the room. If you want to hear the sounds of multiple...
Top Bottom