Recent content by creamygarlicdip

1. C

Revel C208 Review (Center Speaker)

Could a centre channel like this be converted into a "soundbar" I wonder without needing a big amp/receiver
  2. C

RSL CG25 Center Speaker Review

How do people apply custom eq for each speaker in surround sound? Is hardware for that expensive?
  3. C

Used home theatre speakers

The mod is a bit outside of my skill level but I've been looking for the already modded versions on the used market
  4. C

Used home theatre speakers

I'm looking at putting together a little 5.0 setup in my apartment. Im looking at going cheap by buying 2nd hand. That said I'm considering going with the pioneer andrew jones speakers - 4 bookshelves and the centre. I can get this fairly cheap and they seem to be fairly common. That said are...
  5. C

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Could the boosted high frequencies on the s15/s20 be fixed by simply turning down the treble on a cheaper amp?
  6. C

Polk S30 Center Speaker Review

Am I to gather from the reviews of 2 way center speakers that one would be better off just using a bookshelf speaker as a center channel? Considering many have better horizontal directivity? Why don't companies just sell a bookshelf speaker as a center?
  7. C

THX cinema with pro cinema audio gear

How come you prefer laserdisc over something like blu ray? Is LD more faithful to the theatrical release?
  8. C

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Is there any precedent for variations in measurements for speakers with the same components like this?
  9. C

Polk Audio Signature S15 Speaker Review

"This worked well although the shelving filter is a poor choice here (you want a gradual rolling off filter which Roon does not have)." Are typical consumer surround receivers able to eq a gradual rolling off filter? I was thinking of getting these speakers but nto sure what kind of gear I...
  10. C

Atmos speakers should be vertically or horizontally aligned?

This is a bit off topic, but I see the speaker topper atmos speakers pushed. Would that sound lousy? Seems like bizarre addition.
  11. C

Advice on very low budget soundbar beater?

A friend of mine is shopping for an audio upgrade for his 4ktv. Probably spending between 300 to 400 Canadian. I was wondering if there's a setup Superior to a soundbar for him. One thoguht I had was to get a pair of jbl a130s with are 262 or polk xt15 which are 187 and pair it with a surround...
  12. C

ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2 Speaker Review

Price increases are crazy, the elac debut references have gone from 600 to 900 Canadian up north!
  13. C

Question about dolby atmos

From what I understand to have the proper dolby atmos experience you need a couple of overhead speakers. However I see it touted as a feature even in soundbars which is confusing to me. I'm looking at putting together a 5.1 setup and thinking I should probably prioritize budget on the 5...
  14. C

Dayton MK402X Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Ahh ok so not suitable for an entry level surround receiver?
  15. C

Dayton MK402X Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Anyone who has the speakers, I was thinking of getting a couple pairs to use as a 4.0 setup in my living room as a budget setup. It's an apartment so it's not a large space. Would they be loud enough for a distance of about 10 or 12 feet?
Top Bottom