Recent content by cosmom3

1. cosmom3

Audio stutters with USB Dacs on Macbook M1 Pro

Glad to know that I wasn't the only one that was experiencing this problem. Update: Can confirm that updating to MacOS 14 Sonoma fixed the issue.
  2. cosmom3

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Had mine since the beginning of September and using it everyday as part of my stack SMSL SU-9N + DA-9 + SH-9 All three are tethered together via XLR with the 3 way Hart Audio Cables. It's been perfect and no issues.
  3. cosmom3

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

Picked up a DA-9 to complete my little SMSL stack (SU-9N + SH-9) to power my KEF Q150s, but I was wondering how much performance would be lost by going SE between the DAC (SU-9N) and the AMP (DA-9) since my DAC's balanced output is being used by the other AMP (SH-9).
  4. cosmom3

SMSL SU9 Pro

they added the screen from the SU-10 from the looks of it.
  5. cosmom3

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Mine is arriving tomorrow after picking one up second hand. Looking forward to it as my living room setup. I can confirm that the the USB-C to USB-C to my iPad doesn't work. What a travesty.
  6. cosmom3

Thoughts on SMSL D-6 DAC?

I returned mine after picking up a second-hand SMSL DO100 for the same price as a brand new D-6 (or SU-6) so it was a no brainer for me.
  7. cosmom3

Update after owning mine for a couple of weeks now - I love it paired with the SH-9 and it actually bumps the power up to the full marketed 6Ws of power with the matching DAC.
  8. cosmom3

[owner's thread] Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 headphone amp

Someone here can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe going balanced with both the DAC and the AMP will increase the Amp output, particularly the balanced headphone output of the THX 887?
  9. cosmom3

High impedance headphone jack on new M1 Max 16 inch MacBook Pro

For posterity - both the 14" and 16" MacBook Pros (regardless of CPU) have the same DAC/AMP. These Mac computers support high-impedence headphones with the built-in headphone jack: MacBook Air (M2, 2022) MacBook Pro (13-inch, M2, 2022) MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)...
  10. cosmom3

Update: the 887 sounds perfectly fine via balanced TRS output from the SMSL D-6 DAC.
  11. cosmom3

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Mine arrived today and it works as intended for a good price.
  12. cosmom3

You're right as I'm just stacking them. Made no difference, at least using the 1/4” jack as I don't have a balanced XLR cable with me at the moment. That being said, the SMSL D-6 is a solid DAC with balanced TRS outputs for those need it.
  13. cosmom3

I just bought one to pair with my living room couch setup with my THX 887. I'm curious if it's worth getting the balanced cables?
  14. cosmom3

what DAC is everyone using for their 887? Also - is it worth using the balanced inputs on the 887 from my SMSL D-6?
  15. cosmom3

just picked up one of these to pair with my THX 887.
Top Bottom