Recent content by Cosmic Heretic

1. C

Wiim Pro distortion on spdif input

One of my use cases is going in from a high end vintage CD player to my Wiim Pro over spdif and out Coax to my Topping DX3Pro+ DAC. I like this because I can EQ the CD sound in the Wiim app this way. Is the sound negatively impacted to the point where I should go directly to my DAC Coax from...
  2. C

Subwoofer Comparison

I just sold two of these SVS subs and replaced with a single Mono 10 THX v2 and couldn't be happier. The SB-1000 Pro's just didn't have the output I wanted. Ported is the way to go for me and my taste.
  3. C

Please help me decide what amps to buy

I was on the fence about a Buckeye or similar but supported my local shop and country and bought an Anthem MCA 225 v2 today. It pairs with My Paradigm Prestige 75F's beautifully! It's my forever amp so I guess Class D will have to wait for next life.
  4. C

Denon 3700h or Anthem MRX 540

What did you end up doing? I would have suggested adding a Small 2 channel amp for surrounds and running your 3700h preamp only to your amps like I am going to do with mine. It doubles the voltage to your amps and cleans up the signal a lot. I am getting a Buckeye 3 channel amp soon.
  5. C

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I find it hard to let go of a really good amp as it is always possible to fit them in with new gear. I still have my vintage NAD 7125 also. I love the rear mounted heat sink and small form factor still. Also I love my 11 year old THX Select 2 Onkyo 608 receiver that runs cooler than my Denon...
  6. C

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

The passthrough, gain switch and volume knob are big reasons I just ordered the 789 over the SP200. It's probably my end game amp.
  7. C

First amp recommendation?

Good point about the 789 having better gain options/flexibility. It also has more in/out options which matter to me as I will be hooking mine up pass through to my main stereo. I also have the E30 and Sundara's coming with it early next week. Stoked!
Top Bottom