Recent content by cookiefactory

1. cookiefactory

Benchmark AHB2 mono-blocks > Sell one and buy Bicycle?

Coming from the other direction I drive a pair of Revel F328Be with a single AHB2 and have on occasion toyed with the idea of getting another and running them as mono-blocks. Unfortunately I could never come up with a practical, justifiable excuse to do so.
  2. cookiefactory

The Laptop Thread

Almost 2 months into ownership of a 16" M3 Max MBP and I'm very happy with it thus far. I bought it to replace an Intel-based 2019 16" MBP and as you can imagine, it's an upgrade in just about every category. Biggest "real world" improvements are the battery life and the performance. My Intel...
  3. cookiefactory

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

Cool, thanks for sharing your opinion.
  4. cookiefactory

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

Nice to see the Z1R reviewed. While these days most of of my music listening is via speakers, these are the headphones I have sitting next to me, the ones I use on a semi-regular basis (driven simply by a RME ADI-2) above all others (and there have been many, many others). The Z1R have great...
  5. cookiefactory

The online coffee/espresso culture mirrors the subjectivist audio crowd.

It's not the time elapsed that I take issue with, it's the superfluous wording and rambling.
  6. cookiefactory

The online coffee/espresso culture mirrors the subjectivist audio crowd.

I see him quoted and linked to all the time so I'm sure he puts out great content, but for the life of me I cannot watch one of his videos all the way through as he's way, way too long-winded. We got a Breville Oracle Touch a couple of years back and it's been a workhorse, seeing every day use...
  7. cookiefactory

How well do you hear?

~16K. My ears are apparently a lot younger than my age.
  8. cookiefactory

$20,000 "end game" speaker for a disabled man who can't audition! Monitor audio platinum pl200 ii , revel f226be, or something else?

At this level it's largely just personal preference. I currently own both the Revel F328Bes as well as the Ascend Sierra 2EX and prefer the former's treble presentation.
  9. cookiefactory

Absent for a While

Please don't mistake my (and I'm sure others') musings as commentary on the moderation/administration here. You guys are doing a stand-up job, both now and in the past.
  10. cookiefactory

Absent for a While

I'm curious if communities can self-renew or are they doomed to intelligence dilution and mass-ification. Can local entropy be reversed or must new order arise from elsewhere? The implications are far-ranging and fractal in nature. As above, so below.
  11. cookiefactory

Panasonic SA-XR57 Multi-channel Receiver Review

The SA-XR57 used in this review was mine, and it's in perfect working order. I also have a SA-XR55 and the two are indistinguishable sound-wise. Regarding the discrepancy between the this model's reputation for great sound and the ho-hum measurements, my takeaway is that our threshold for...
  12. cookiefactory

Which speakers gave you the *wow* factor?

KEF Blades. My local dealer had them set up in a room and I immediately noticed how "integrated" the sound was. Mind you at this point in time I had no background on the Blades (or KEF speakers in general) so I only learned about their design philosophy afterwards. I was also impressed with...
  13. cookiefactory

Do expensive headphones sound better?

To a point. After that it's just presentation differences.
  14. cookiefactory

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

I really can't see myself wearing anything but a "smart" watch of some kind. Even here the usefulness is barely existent so a "dumb" watch would be purely ornamental. Not knocking the hobby but just not my thing.
Top Bottom