Recent content by conman

1. C

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Does anyone know what the clockspeed on the Xilinx FPGA (I think it was) internal is? Perhaps the noise and periodic jitter spikes are multiples of that frequency.
  2. C

TOPPING D90LE, no MQA.

Here's how the sound simulation modes corrupt the sound with varying amounts of 2nd and 3rd harmonic distortion.
  3. C

Do damping factor, slew rate and the like have possibly any influence on the "sound" of an amplifier?

If your damping factor is the minimum necessary of say 10, and then you use DSP to tailor the measured frequency response to whatever curve takes your fancy, does it even matter?
  4. C

The Absolute Sound reviews the Topping D90SE

Here's their review open to the public at last: https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/topping-d90se-digital-to-analog-converter
  5. C

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

For that to be the case, they'd need to know that PS audio negotiated this special back door to the data, which is so far just hearsay.
  6. C

So let me get this straight - your claim is that PS audio has negotiated a "backdoor" to using the higher resolution available on SACD than other manufacturers are allowed and that's why their product should sound better? For that to be true, "true" high res should be distinguishably better from...
  7. C

As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't stop them buying audiophile power cables.
  8. C

True enough but for some differences. Topping is not an advertiser - all other reviews are effectively paid for in advance. There was no qualification of "in its price range" or "punches above its weight" or "worth listening if it's in your price range". They have never called a sub $1000...
  9. C

Obviously I can't quote the entire article here, but presumably it will be posted online for free in the near future. As many of you are no doubt aware, TAS prides itself on never measuring anything objectively and relying virtually entirely on subjective reviews, making it perhaps the most...
  10. C

PS Audio P12 Review Part 2: Power Testing

Aye, I was referring to a postulated relay being used to bypass the inrush current protection.
  11. C

PS Audio P12 Review Part 2: Power Testing

I have a P20 (which is the larger model of the same technology) and did a couple of measurements with a "Watts Clever" inline voltage meter - I have no idea how accurate it really is, just that it's consistent. Note that I have my equipment timed to switch on sequentially, so the bulk of the...
  12. C

Thanks, it seemed easy to ask here with a forum half filled with engineers though since it's also on topic and the PoS in question showed a ground loop in Amir's testing too.
  13. C

Does anyone have an answer to this serious question?
  14. C

Looking at the Eaton devices, I see they introduce a phase shift on their output. Could this introduce ground loops when separate devices are mixed between using the UPS and not using it, and also for this PS device?
Top Bottom