1. composer

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Better than the CHORD Dave, and costing kind of 13.930$ less
  2. composer

Avantone CLA-10 (Yamaha NS-10M Clone) Review

Those resonance spikes may puncture a diamond ::eek::eek::eek:
  3. composer

Maybe I'm too of a new school, but my mix sounds way better with more equilibrated speaker (i. e. Not missing bass and not exaggeratedly boosting mid-hi). Oh, even with subwoofers sometimes. To achieve good mids one would tweak them relatively to the actual bass level.
  4. composer

I really cannot understand the relation between liking Bob Clearmountain music production and accepting without any scrutiny whatsoever the fact that NS-10 are good for everyone, because [many statements follow]... The music he made, i.e. the artistic and sonic result of it, and the tools he...
  5. composer

If NS-10 are used for mixing, we will never know how (and if) the mastering engineers fixed all the flaws of the mix caused by such an unbalanced frequency response Because it's mastering after a decent mix that translates well on many devices
  6. composer

Thank you for demistifying the mystic magic aura surrounding NS-10. Still now I hear a lot of claims from people who tried them and magnify their mystic value. IMHO That's pure placebo, conditioned by the hype and fashion around those. I still keep on wondering how a totally unbalanced monitor...
  7. composer

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

I can't really figure out what is the target suitable for this product. Home studio isn't, one would buy an actual audio interface. Gamers and streamers? An actual audio interface is always better. Home listening? Though good performance, there's plenty of cheaper DAC that do better. I'm not...
  8. composer

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

This is a rather convincing argument :D:D
  9. composer

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

This is an absolute minutia detail. Shouldn't bass knob be on the left and trebbles on the right? According to what should be historically conventional
  10. composer

A Call For Humor!

This is a real Italian advert of a "portable" Phillips CD player. 1986. Think of listening to it while roller skating, about ten years before the anti-shock buffer was invented... No skip and jump at all lol
  11. composer

How to improve your CD sound quality and go blind all in one easy step!

The CD provides mechanically a burst of 0 and 1 right? The same does the double click on your WAV, Flac, or mp3 file, right? If the burst is wrong you hear glitches or you hear nothing, right? Indeed, let's assume that the crazy clame is true: if the CD isn't perfectly round, passing it...
  12. composer

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

"The cheaper, the better, the wealthier" Sounds like a Sergio Leone's western movie. The story of three mysterious cables
  13. composer

Most idiotic subjective review comments

Well the "worst" in music history, was yet to come There were at time serious clinical studies claiming that Schoenberg's music was unhealthy for your body
  14. composer

Most idiotic subjective review comments

There are some words that should be less to instant jail when used in audio domain. One of those is "transparent"
  15. composer

Why Do Old Technologies Persist in Audio?

I still go on buying CDs When I was young(er) I used to think "if this one costed 8 rather 20 I'd probably buy it. Now that they cost 8 or even less, I do as much... even if I already have the Flac counterpart, often even 24_96, in the HD. CD, rather than the ritual, gives the limit. You must...
Top Bottom