Recent content by Colin James Wonfor

1. Colin James Wonfor

A DC Blocker to help stop transformer HUM

What is the max forward voltage I see anti-reversal diodes but no over voltage protection on caps. Under peak in rush this could be high and on s/c loads it will be high. Also I would like to see a temp rating of 105C not 85C, also what is the max ripple current? Having just check his website I...
  2. Colin James Wonfor

It is not the gaps it the non conduction a backing EMF come from the transformer when current is switched of fast, it is the noise it put down the mains to other equipment that concerns me. OH you have to sign on to the SECA site.
  3. Colin James Wonfor

No it does not but because the current switch OFF quickly you get noise and harmonic. See the typical graph of noise.
  4. Colin James Wonfor

The above mention DC has a small problem I can well I can see two, but one is more important, the 1.4 approx voltage drop across the bridge will cause noise on the mains at zero to 1.4VAC This is the one I have used and it works well. And few numbers to look at. More info can be found here...
  5. Colin James Wonfor

Here is a PCB I did with SSR 2 channel power switch and filters plus a DC blocking circuit. Here is the BOM the PCB is available via https://seca.freeforums.net/thread/245/anybody-wanting-build-m100-kit
  6. Colin James Wonfor

DIY: Mains Line/Noise/EMI Filtering

Hi all, long time not been here I am doing a new power amp and I designed filter pcb with Low Noise SSR (my patent} if all goes well some of these PCB will be available.
  7. Colin James Wonfor

EWA designs for sale

Due to old age and not feeling good I will be winding up EWA electronics ASAP. I am also looking for a buyer to take on the designs for the future.
  8. Colin James Wonfor

A bit about your host....

Amir, I am sorry to say this is the first time I have looked at this page, and found it very interesting. Like you I had family member keen, well silly keen on electronics. My Granddad and Dad were mad scientists, Granddad taught me about Tubes/Valve and Dad semiconductors (Germanium). But...
  9. Colin James Wonfor

Introductions anyone?

Hi All, Sorry not been here for while but I wish you all a Happy Christmas .
  10. Colin James Wonfor

Post a picture, a photograph, a drawing, a screenshot, ...no words.

Loch Linnhe near Fort William Scotland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch_Linnhe
  11. Colin James Wonfor

Introductions anyone?

Hello were are you in the UK ?
  12. Colin James Wonfor

Post a picture, a photograph, a drawing, a screenshot, ...no words.

Please take some photo,s f Lynton and Lynmouth next your there I spent a happy childhood there with my GrandMa.
  13. Colin James Wonfor

Whoops Sorry

Removed
  14. Colin James Wonfor

Magic Smoke!

See if you let smoke escape unit dies, but if you encase the devices in a epoxy glue to keep the smoke in do they live longer or make a bigger bang???
Top Bottom