Recent content by Coach_Kaarlo

1. Coach_Kaarlo

AHB2 Mono v Stereo - what is audible?

And for the record the recordings were outside which if half the respondents had bothered to read the prior posts would have been clear.
  2. Coach_Kaarlo

Yep, reasons / excuses abound, but miss the actual point - which was the point actually.....
  3. Coach_Kaarlo

Well, currently 3 people have participated.....so no results really. However, it's interesting that such a divisive topic as what is audible in the real world has not generated much interest in my little experiment. Many many respected members on this very forum would argue to the death that...
  4. Coach_Kaarlo

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

To all those telling you a single AHB2 is enough to drive the F208's I would say listen to this; https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ahb2-mono-v-stereo-what-is-audible.21864/post-726184 If you do not hear the difference continue with one amp in stereo. And maybe get your...
  5. Coach_Kaarlo

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Not to mention that very little performance is measured in bridged mono, ironically where many AHB2 owners actually use the amplifier.
  6. Coach_Kaarlo

Simulation Analysis - Screws in Waveguide

The Yamaha NS-5000 has some interesting design features which have been developed using similar software tools and processes (in my understanding). And Yamaha has access to far more in-house resources than many other audio manufacturers @René - Acculution.com what is your view of some of these...
  7. Coach_Kaarlo

802 D3 vs Revel Salon 2

And here we have it. One. Just one. One easily recorded measurement being used as representative justification for the entire sound profile of a speaker. If this is the best we can to contribute to inform others regarding the differences between Salon 2's and B&W 80x Dn's then let's just start...
  8. Coach_Kaarlo

Will do for sure.
  9. Coach_Kaarlo

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

There is a familiar response (dare I say standard response) being proposed here. If an amplifier does not clip the sound quality is not affected because it must be operating linearly. I have a simple experiment, link below...
  10. Coach_Kaarlo

How Do I Keep My Apartment Neighbor From Hearing My Subwoofer?

What are the wall and floor constructed from? How many windows? Are the neighbours above, below, adjacent? Anecdote - My old apartment had a rubber layer between top of slab and terrazzo tiled floor. Listened regularly above 90 dB and never had a complaint from any of the neighbours, presume...
  11. Coach_Kaarlo

Thanks for the advice - gratefully received - will purchase a meter so I can set levels with voltage (ambient SPL near an airport turns out to be much less accurate). Also interested to see what you hear.
  12. Coach_Kaarlo

Done on a different day with mYphone - but the highs that are in the track are there... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ip374HfzKXzwQtkOfFSY0v22sw2vKJaL/view?usp=sharing Will hunt for the original. Youtube:
  13. Coach_Kaarlo

Re tweeters and the tonality of the recording, here is an on-axis measurement the same afternoon I made the recording. Highs seem good on the axial measurements, I think what we hear is the lack of reflections, and the off axis sound drops away so much at the LP. The tonality compared to...
  14. Coach_Kaarlo

Not sure of the top of my head - std DAC2-HGC output - jumpers unchanged from factory.
  15. Coach_Kaarlo

Ran them both with the switch all the way down - as per Benchmark. But your advice was good - they sound much better with the middle setting. Will wait awhile before confirming or denying the result.
Top Bottom