Recent content by Coach_Kaarlo

1. Coach_Kaarlo

Yamaha NS-5000

Hi there. I think there were some recordings from a listening session I had shared previously - might be of interest. I used my 2 x AHB2 amps in mono, with my Benchmark DAC. I ended removing the toe in of the speakers, and having them them facing straight out, softened the high’s somewhat. At...
  2. Coach_Kaarlo

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?posts/1574915/
  3. Coach_Kaarlo

Midrange dome drivers banned ?

@Frank Dernie I love your engineering logic and reason. And the materials discussion. I wonder if we are missing something however - which is related to the information we are using to discuss the topic. To the best of my knowledge no-one has material data or measurement data for the new Yamaha...
  4. Coach_Kaarlo

AHB2 Mono v Stereo - what is audible?

Once I own some speakers with decent drivers that is....Yamaha's BE mid and tweeter......or maybe some of the new zylon nones.....
  5. Coach_Kaarlo

I think I need to [remind myself] sort you out for the last favour you did me before we start new things!!!!
  6. Coach_Kaarlo

Which is to say I prefer mono. One amp per speaker. The bass is always lacking in stereo as we have noticed....
  7. Coach_Kaarlo

If I had enough power to run the amps in stereo then I would, but at the moment the AHB2's are way under powered for such use case with anything but the most sensitive easy to drive speakers. Or little studio boxes..... Long term plan is to transition to a fully active system with an AHB2 for...
  8. Coach_Kaarlo

For the record I don't believe all amps sound the same, because the only time they make a sound is when connected to speakers, which change the way the amps sound. And yes the difference is quite obvious even with a poor recording.
  9. Coach_Kaarlo

If I understand the theme of level matching correctly, it seems to be to find a linear way of trying to match two non-linear responses; bridged versus stereo amplification into a speaker. Voltage AND current delivery can change the behaviour of the speaker. Measuring voltage at one nominal...
  10. Coach_Kaarlo

Airport. Jets have some low frequency rumbles for sure - I see them in my measurements far more often than I want. However, I am fairly sure during the 2 recordings such ambient noises were not audible. I actually made about 6 recordings and selected the cleanest 2.....
  11. Coach_Kaarlo

And for the record the recordings were outside which if half the respondents had bothered to read the prior posts would have been clear.
  12. Coach_Kaarlo

Yep, reasons / excuses abound, but miss the actual point - which was the point actually.....
  13. Coach_Kaarlo

Well, currently 3 people have participated.....so no results really. However, it's interesting that such a divisive topic as what is audible in the real world has not generated much interest in my little experiment. Many many respected members on this very forum would argue to the death that...
  14. Coach_Kaarlo

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

To all those telling you a single AHB2 is enough to drive the F208's I would say listen to this; https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ahb2-mono-v-stereo-what-is-audible.21864/post-726184 If you do not hear the difference continue with one amp in stereo. And maybe get your...
  15. Coach_Kaarlo

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Not to mention that very little performance is measured in bridged mono, ironically where many AHB2 owners actually use the amplifier.
Top Bottom