Recent content by CMB

1. CMB

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Looks nice with this white stands. Out of curiosity, why would you use Dirac when you got GLM please ? Are you adding a sub?
  2. CMB

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

Come on, I need to express this. To my knowledge Pearljam never has presented himself as an highly skilled expert but rather as an enthousiaste. I think anyone should respect him for its participation here, which I understand also more as a « student » or « moderator » or « interviewer »...
  3. CMB

? There are also C and D version products at Genelec. How would you apply your logic to that? "None are final finalized products until Y"? (Z being banned for the moment :)) You always have the risk of evolution. I understand that : 8351a had been launched in 2014 8351b had been announced in...
  4. CMB

"SQ wise which is better Sopra or 8361?" Sorry - I cannot really say. It would not be a fair comparison, different rooms, different time and no direct A/B comparison. The Sopra's are nice to listen (and also nice to look to), but the 8361 are not short either. My subjective impression is, the...
  5. CMB

They cost about the same, but the 8361 comes also with the amps, the Dac and room correction. My cousin has a Devialet expert 220 with Sopra 2s as to compare. (We actually, always have a kind of kind competition) No direct comparison because of the distance; He were however very impressed by...
  6. CMB

Yes - I must have indicated it already somewhere, so excuse if I repeat myself. This was quite an investment, so I gave it a serious thought and analysis. First I was worried about the highs being maybe fatiguing with Genelec and very keen to buy the DD8C for its lower bass down to 20Hz and the...
  7. CMB

Can’t judge, if you don’t invite me to listen But the question was about the 8361 anyway and not 8351b. Don’t take it bad, but the argument « sounds better » always sounds very subjective to me. Now that I know ASR, I don’t really rely on those types of subjective opinions/arguments anymore...
  8. CMB

Well, « better » would need to be defined then. I rather not agree anyway, alone because I saw several different pics of DD 8c with (even fine) fissures in wood cabinets.
  9. CMB

A Call For Humor!

I had those LOL
  10. CMB

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

There is also a site called : Audio-markt.de Maybe you can ask your German friend to check it out. They charge I think Eur 5 for 8 weeks.
  11. CMB

Sub 25K active speaker/system choice

Ohhh and I thought you wanted them in your living room. It s for your boat ??? Waiting for your invitation to Reunion. But better wait after Batsirai. Stay safe
  12. CMB

Ordered with a carpenter. 70x35x35 cm Full wood, weights as much as a dead man...
  13. CMB

Finally, I got my stands :-)
Top Bottom