Recent content by classy cheapo

1. C

Over the Ear Wireless

99$ wireless headphones recommended by amimr himself: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/1more-sonoflow-nc-headphone-review.42849/
  2. C

Does DSD recording benefit Japanese traditional instruments?

After DSF was converted to PCM I was not able to hear the difference in blind tests on the same hardware. This along with scientific consensus gives me 99% assurance that the difference was audible because of master or transcoding parameters.
  3. C

Does DSD recording benefit Japanese traditional instruments?

I myself was also able to hear difference in blind tests between DSF and FLAC downloaded from one audiophile site. But after converting DSF to CD quality 44100 WAV I was suddenly not able to here any difference in blind tests. Here is the actual thread...
  4. C

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

Guys, let's not go offtopic. This thread is dedicated to headphone soundstage experience with regular stereo recordings without any tricks like binaural recordings or digital enhancements. So, the question which could shine some light on headphone soundstage illusion is whether you can move...
  5. C

Probably there comes the answer to ages old question about headphones' soundstage. Only time I get this out of head illusion with traditional recordings is when sound seems to reach directional mic from close to or more than 180 angles. Probably it creates binaural recording effect where higher...
  6. C

Can you still get the same depth if you move your good speakers from 60 to 180 degrees apart and stick your head between them?
  7. C

Budget HD800? Soundstage & comfort recommendation, please!

Judging by Crinacle Zero in your forum signature you really are a believer and you put your money where your mouth is. Very commendable. :)
  8. C

*NEW* AKG K702 has been measured by Oratory!

It wasn't a blob. Looks like nice solid soldering covered by thermal tape. I didn't remove the tape but cut and soldered wires bit further up because factory soldering looked too nice to mess it up by my hack job. Also, it doesn't really make sense for AKG to not fix such a simple quality...
  9. C

Budget HD800? Soundstage & comfort recommendation, please!

If you want quite reputable opinion then sort this Crinacle table by Technical Grade column: https://crinacle.com/rankings/headphones/
  10. C

*NEW* AKG K702 has been measured by Oratory!

I was recently re-soldering K612 (bought in the middle of 2022) cable for balanced cable and original factory soldering looked solid to me.
  11. C

Imaging and Sound stage

Assuming that conductor is the person who should ultimately be able to discern single instruments/voices in a large group, I have never seen conductor addressing single instrument during full size orchestra performance. Same goes for a single singer in a large choir. Usually it is a group of...
  12. C

Cary Audio - Sad experience

Man, first rule of the tech world is: if it ain't broke, don't fix it
  13. C

High-resolution audio sites reputation

Following this transcoding exercise I would like to share my lessons learned. All 3 hi-res audio files (DSF 256, DSF 64 and FLAC 192) offered for transcoding were downloaded from one of the high-resolultion sites. They were provided as a proof that there is audible difference between these...
  14. C

Transcoding challenge! With prizes!

Dear all, I hope that you will allow me to cancel the second part of my challenge. I learnt my lesson and would not like to lose another 50 EUR/USD. Thank you and I hope that everyone had a bit of fun! :)
  15. C

Transcoding challenge! With prizes!

Congratulations! :) You win DSF -> FLAC (WAV) challenge. I cannot reliably determine file playing order between my DSF 256 and your WAV 44100. Sample rate adds to embarrassment. :facepalm: But I can reliably determine playing order between my DSF 64 and your WAV. Between my FLAC and your DFF...
Top Bottom