Recent content by cjfrbw

1. cjfrbw

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

Yup, B3 are Yamaha VFET amps, like the B2. Still one of the best sounding production amps around. My sample is hypnotic to listen to.
  2. cjfrbw

Steve G Takes Revenge On ASR With New Review!

Nonsense. My nipples haven't been perky in decades.
  3. cjfrbw

Steve G Takes Revenge On ASR With New Review!

Not really, but I couldn't help thinking that the whole time he was making this vid, he didn't have the echo of ASR rattling around in the back of his mind.
  4. cjfrbw

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

That's strange. I can never figure out for sure exactly when they are.
  5. cjfrbw

All these pages and no mention of Yamaha B2 VFET? Yes, it definitely challenges modern amps in sound quality, it is hypnotic to put a word on it. My Sample, all original (except for VU meter LED), sounds amazing: I have a Yamaha MX 600u, too, that is also all original, powers some surrounds...
  6. cjfrbw

MBL Pre-amp De-Thrones Benchmark?

If you ever read the Audio Exotics web site, where the absurdly well heeled Asian audiophiles hang out, you will quickly learn that quirky and twitchy OC disorders and obsessions are considered virtues, if not required membership protocols, as are animistic projections onto audio components...
  7. cjfrbw

Do they use preamplifiers in houses of ill repute?
  8. cjfrbw

LOL! Nobody ever said religion is cheap. The priestly trappings and tokens add to the mystique! Alms and relics sellers maintain their arrays so that the audio hopeful never lose faith. Isn't the audio equipment rack an altar of sorts? Say what you will, the audio market demands and requires...
  9. cjfrbw

These threads referring to Stereophile reviews clued me into reading the comments sections after the reviews. They are marvels of bilious snideness and are quite fun to read in an audio-as-combat sort of way. I think I will start reading them more often. Stereophile seems to have a captive...
  10. cjfrbw

Audio Pundit Rant (Currawong)

Amir always cracked me up even before ASR, because he had great, very authentic if non-poetic reactions to audio equipment and audio set ups, even if they were very expensive and exotic, and absolutely refused to budge to audio gaslighting when it was heaped on him. Inclusion in the hoity toity...
  11. cjfrbw

Tidal does Atmos - for real this time!

The bad news is there will shortly be a FOTM new surround craze, corresponding to the cycles of planned obsolescence and new product placements, that will make all of this quickly antiquated.
  12. cjfrbw

I wonder: Are Subjectivist or Objectivist more suggestable to Hypnosis?

"The power of suggestion, it is strong in this one!" "I have some cables and the Brooklyn Bridge available for sale!"
  13. cjfrbw

Poll: Where are you guys from?

I'm from Coolsville, and I'm going back.
Top Bottom