Recent content by CivilizationDiscontents

1. C

Ex Machina

I don't want to talk bad about them because I did my research in my next big studio monitor purchase and this new company stands out like Mesanovic. They both use proprietary DSP, have great flat frequency response, use good special material tweeter or midrange cone. However, Ex Machina Quasar...
  2. C

Ex Machina

I can't really stand the checkboard look of the midrange cone. I consider lots of studio monitors around 10-15k range and even Genelec looks better than them. I'm not saying the look is everything, but if I spend that much money on a pair of speakers I want them to look good in my room. I also...
  3. C

RME ADI-2 PRO: Do I need FS version?

The used ADI-2 Pro is like 800 USD less than the FS version so I may go for that if FS jitter doesn't deliver audible change. Did they change DAC chip in the FS version?
  4. C

RME ADI-2 PRO: Do I need FS version?

Hi guys! I'm about to get my Dutch 8C and a RME ADI-2 Pro as its preamp. However, I find out that is has a more advanced and expensive FS version. Is this necessary upgrade for music listening? Or it's more intended for music professional works? I'm also planning to use it as DAC/AMP for my DCA...
  5. C

Barefoot MM27, Kii Three, RTM10 or other.

May I know which solution you end up with? I'm also struggling between RTM10, 8C, ATC, Barefoot, etc...
  6. C

Dutch 8C or ATC SCM50 with Trinnov ST2

OK. I assume it's the directivity issue? But I'm no fan of their looks as well.
  7. C

Hi Keith. Thank you again for your response. My final question is how do you think of the midrange vocals in RTM10 and 8C? Is anyone more superior than another? I value midrange a lot because I mostly listen to pop music. Thank you again!
  8. C

Thank you for your response, Keith. I believe RTM10 has more flexibility compared to other active monitors like Focal Trio 11 or Barefoot MM26, due to its DSP technology and other designs. But not as flexible as 8C, I think? Really tough choice. I really need to listen to them to find out.
  9. C

I'm ruling out ATC and PSI for now. Their analog marketing and rejection of DSP (or outdated technology) cannot convince me. And they are exceptionally large, which may affect room acoustics as well. I'm adding Focal Trio 11 Be, Barefoot MM26, and Unity Audio Boulder to the "Traditional Speaker...
  10. C

@Purité Audio Keith I think you represent both 8C and RTM10, right? What do you think of them? With proper EQ help from Trinnov, do you think RTM10 is at the same level as 8C? I really love the sound of ribbon tweeter as I hear some of that before. Really smooth like Berillyum tweeters from...
  11. C

I'm also going to listen to all of them and Trinnov ST2 in Vintage King's LA Showroom. Vintage King team is really friendly and flexible. Thumbs up for them. I think to the end it really depends on where the Trinnov technology or 8C is better in terms of Room Correction.
  12. C

Hi ASR Members, I'm currently struggling with my next big buying decision. My question is: how is 8C's internal design to overcome room acoustics compared to Trinnov ST2 plus a decent studio monitor, like Mesanovic RTM10, Genelecs 8361, ATC SCM50? My Room is basically untreated and I'm not gonna...
Top Bottom