Recent content by chych7

1. C

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Personally I've never had good experience running Audyssey after MSO; I always run MSO after Audyssey as it can screw things up. This is especially true if your MSO calibration is across multiple rows, which Audyssey is not capable of accounting for.
  2. C

I did get the calibrated ACM-1X mic; stock mics are not guaranteed to be well calibrated. My stock mic resulted in a treble boost and bass decrease, which the calibrated mic resolved. One could also just measure the response with UMIK-1/REW and add in any adjustments to the target curve to...
  3. C

Audyssey XT32 vs REW comparison

Try adjusting the crossover up/down and playing with subwoofer distance, to smooth out the 80 Hz. If your speakers are ported, there's a phase rotation that happens over the port tune, which can cause cancellation/nulls. Sometimes plugging the ports on the speakers can help smoothen the response...
  4. C

From the thread, I meant to just point out to the first post that shows the impulse response misalignment. But yeah I think what D+M does is "good enough" for most people, although they did fix the issue in the current 2022 AVRs, so there was some acknowledgement that the calculation was...
  5. C

I did the .88 multiple thing on my AVR after I uploaded the calibration. I looked up several guides and ran it several times. Most results look the same as I've posted. On your last point, do I simply change the sub distance in my AVR and re-run REW sweeps until it looks better? The frequency...
  6. C

Few other comments: - I like using Var smoothing, gives a good representation of the whole FR range and leaves bass unsmoothed. - Since you have a pre 2022 AVR, you need to multiply the computed distances by 0.88 to fix the distance bug. Or better yet, take measurements in REW at the MLP with...
  7. C

Unfortunately no. XT32 receivers have better DSP hardware and filter resolution. MultEQ-X cannot fix that.
  8. C

Measure your C50 in REW and tell us how your bass sounds!

I would put as a general rule of thumb: C50 greater than 10 dB over the entire frequency range; perhaps >15 dB for a center channel that carries dialogue. If clarity is too low, add absorption panels to early reflection points (and corner bass traps for bass freqs). This is more to do with room...
  9. C

Any reason to upgrade amp from Denon X3600?

I did end up getting a Hypex NC252MP (the Audiophonics one that was reviewed here). Used the ABX switcher and compared it to the Nobsound. Couldn't really hear much difference except for a very slight high frequency roll-off on the Nobsound. Played at fairly loud volumes too. End result was...
  10. C

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

Sorry it was a nobsound, not fosi. This one. Yep, I couldn't hear much difference with this rinky dinky amp vs. a Hypex unit. This is running my BMR monitors full range, no subwoofer, at ~75 dB listening level from 11 ft. After this test, I concluded that amps are way overrated. I did hear some...
  11. C

Umm definitely not. Something’s amiss here.
  12. C

First position is the MLP center. Other points (and MultEQ-X allows for up to 32 points) can be anywhere you want included in the calibration. The tighter the points are for calibration, the more focused it will be for that listening position. You can have decent response for multiple seats or...
  13. C

Hypex Ncore NC252MP market overview

Although it's still cheaper to have it imported from Europe for some of the models, especially with the current exchange rate. Audiophonics NC252MP shipped from France to the US: $500 Buckeye NC252MP: $575
  14. C

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

Port distortion is also probably less of an issue when one considers a subwoofer is often present in HT use, typically crossed over around 80 Hz, which is a bit above the port tune frequency for the BMR I think.
  15. C

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

Problem with wide dispersion speakers is that in an untreated room, the excess reflections can degrade clarity. This is especially true for a center channel that needs to provide good dialogue clarity. With my BMRs there is a distinct tradeoff between soundstage and clarity when I add/remove my...
Top Bottom