Recent content by Chuu

1. C

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Late to the conversation about cables, but I can verify from personal experience this one works with the G5: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KLXYQDH
  2. C

The base version doesn't come with the lightning cable, it's a $10 or so addon. Well worth it, you need an "otg" lightning cable which is different than the standard lightning->USBC cable, and not all otg cables work with all dacs.
  3. C

Topping G5 - Is the battery serviceable ?

I actually was specifically asking about the leather because those surface laptops with the felt palmrests famously got a 0/10 on the ifixit scale because they could not figure out a way to service them without destroying the felt.
  4. C

Topping G5 - Is the battery serviceable ?

I haven't been able to find anything closely resembling a teardown, but some pictures of the case make it appear that it's held together by screws under the leather near the perimiter of the case. The NX5 battery was connected by a large socketed connector, and hopefully they went with a...
  5. C

This is unfortunate to hear. I do put the battery in a separate category as every other part though, since I consider it a wear item. Not being able to replace wear items being a much higher sin than not being able to replace discreet components. From some product pictures it looks easy...
  6. C

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Just to clarify something someone brought up earlier -- does the boost option only work in bluetooth mode? There is no way to enable it when directly connected via lightning or usb-c? Looking for a good solution for canjam, and if true does that mean in wired mode there is pretty much no...
  7. C

What's the best way to share one USB DAC between two PCs?

I'm fine using a switch like this, just looking for a recommended one that doesn't have reports that it can damage USB ports.
  8. C

What's the best way to share one USB DAC between two PCs?

I have a RME ADI-2 Pro that I want to share between a PC and a Laptop that are both at my desk. I don't need audio from both at the same time, and in fact was thinking I could just purchase a cheap USB "switch" like this this and the appropriate cables. There are a surprising number of reviews...
  9. C

How do people feel about intentionally colored Amps targeted to specific headphones (iFi Zen CAN6xx)?

Thanks for a link to the review. Honestly the most interesting part of the review are how many words they spent hand-wrangling about how much a negative-review would hurt their relationship with iFi. That's not a good look. But yeah, based on that review, even if the concept is good that...
  10. C

BIC America DV62si Bookshelf Speaker Review

As one famous non-audio reviewer said, there are no bad products, only bad prices. I'm seriously wondering what one's expectations should be at this price point.
  11. C

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

The output impedance of 20 ohms caught my eye. I have no frame of reference or know what rules of thumbs are for RCA-out. Is this good? great? bad? What are the general rules for if the output impedence of RCA jacks (and XLR on other DACs) might be a problem?
  12. C

How do people feel about intentionally colored Amps targeted to specific headphones (iFi Zen CAN6xx)?

Sorry but I'm not familiar with some of the terminology. What does "active" mean in this context? Does it imply the circuit was doing something more than just EQ?
  13. C

iFi is releasing a DAC/AMP combo specifically targeting the HD 6xx/650. The goal is to take the FR of the headphones, and in the unit EQ it to something considered more pleasing. I find this type of product very compelling. I think for a lot of people the 6xx is endgame, and having a unit...
  14. C

AudioQuest Victoria Audio Cable with DBS Review

So with all the analysis, I'm kind of curious what people's opinions are of the two patents they claim cover this technology Apparatus and methods for dielectric bias system Apparatus and methods for dielectric bias system I've worked professionally in the patents field before, and I think...
  15. C

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Honestly they're probably leaving money on the floor by not making it highly distinguishable. Like if they called it the the "ADI-2 DAC FS 2" even though the upgrades are incremental, there is a certain segment of the hobby that absolutely would feel compelled to upgrade because of that "2" at...
Top Bottom