Recent content by Chuck S

1. C

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

As was the Brooklyn Amp. Amir tested mine here.
  2. C

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

I had the original version of this. It was a piece of junk as well.
  3. C

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I’m hesitant to reply, given the state of this conversation, but two things changed for me: I‘ve had to acknowledge that my taste may be more than a little idiosyncratic. But also, I’m sorry to say, my confidence in the value of transducer measurements - to me, given my tastes - is a bit shaken.
  4. C

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

I love ASR. I love my Susvara
  5. C

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

I have an Astell&Kern that I use for walking around the house with my headphones on. If you like to do that, you might want a dap. Otherwise, for listening to iems, say, my phone works just fine.
  6. C

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

I’d love to see a test of the FiiO daps; I think the M11 is well regarded.
  7. C

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Had to get a pair. A real value for $50, but I really prefer a little more treble and a lot more detail. Still, that Crinacle knows what he’s doing.
  8. C

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Think I could run LS50s off of this?
  9. C

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Think they can be driven off a good (S9, say) phone dongle?
  10. C

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Xulonn, that’s exactly why, when Amir says he likes something that measures poorly, we might be concerned. Although I doubt he’ll make a practice of it.
  11. C

Supposed to be an ironically smiling emoji at the end of that.
  12. C

Creeping subjectivity. A slippery slope.
  13. C

Abyss AB-1266 Phi TC Review (Headphone)

Amir, Nice review. Thank you. But I have a question. Why is headphone frequency response compared to a preference curve, when speakers are not? Should we really care whether our headphones sound the way random strangers think they should? Thanks.
  14. C

Understanding FFT in Audio Measurements

More, please. Thank you.
  15. C

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

That’s the difference between 83 and 99 dB sensitivity. To quantify what I was complaining about, my Cayin iHA 6 is rated at 5-7 watts per channel depending on current output. With the Cayin at 50% volume, the Element X volume was usually at -20 dB. On the other hand, to get reasonable volume...
Top Bottom