Recent content by Chrispy

1. C

How to integrate Sub with Adam A7x

It looks like you could split the signal between your rca L/R outputs on the Topping to the SVS sub and the Adam speakers, then use the low pass filter/eq on the sub to "blend" with your speakers....looks like you can also just use L/R outputs on the topping to the sub's L/R inputs then use the...
  2. C

Paul says you must lift speaker cables of the floor for better sound quality...

Maybe this ain't your typical audio forum, where often cable nonsense is put on a pedestal by those pushing it/enabling it. I just hate to see a newbie falling for such idiocy.
  3. C

Okay substitute audiophilia. I was thinking more the big massive diameter "audiophile" cabling vs port reality.....I have a dark sense of humor sometimes. But audiophilia with cabling is a serious disease otoh, just like pedophilia.
  4. C

Speaker recommendation in view of brand's cost cutting

Why not just build your own? That way you can use whatever component you want for the spec.... I doubt there's much off with the Revel builds in any case.....why do you think so?
  5. C

RIP Onkyo..

Update on bankruptcy situation https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220514/p2a/00m/0na/002000c
  6. C

How loud do you normally have your music?

I used to be in the l like it pretty darned loud club like almost every session but due to aging ears decided to be nicer to them in recent years :) I still vary volume quite a bit, but these days probably average levels of 65-75 dB but sometimes less sometimes more.
  7. C

Western Electric, history plus new speakers!

I do actually have somewhat of a basement these days, or at least once closer to it than most of the places I lived in California, but not quite what we had in Illinois. I do use a "basement" bedroom in summer there to escape heat some....
  8. C

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Just the price for quoted for me. Belden has good stock cable, I use some to make my own interconnects. Finished cable at that price better come with a blow job.
  9. C

Western Electric, history plus new speakers!

I don't have WAF to consider but that system creates my own rejection....
  10. C

So what is the formula for calculating weight of massively oversized ***** cable on various ports (pedophilia related I assume overall)?
  11. C

My internet allergies just went wild with the mention of that superd*ck Lavorgna. I can think of few people in audio I think less of....and they're mostly on staff with him too.
  12. C

I don't even want to go into the "emoji menu".....just would prefer like/dislike/funny/optimistic type choices as many fora have
  13. C

I sure wish we had the laugh emojis here :)
  14. C

Lots of companies are genuine in their intention to sell you whatever....and some of the 'phool stuff is said to be helmed by "true believers".
Top Bottom