Recent content by Chocomel

1. Chocomel

Sennheiser HD 490 Pro Headphone Review

It's of a hd600 but the premise is the same
  2. Chocomel

Harman is working on a new IEM target curve

Posting it in shitposting channel lol.
  3. Chocomel

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

I just found it kinda amusing they are doing exactly what they are complaining about in the same comment. I would expect better from a moderator
  4. Chocomel

Yeah, i wonder why AdamG247 felt it was necessary to make such a comment
  5. Chocomel

"A cheap shot and low blow. Demonstrates they are loosing the technical argument and have resorted to Character attacks." Pretty much sums up your own comment very nicely. But i don't think we have to worry about this thread further damaging Amir's reputation when it comes to headphone...
  6. Chocomel

Yeah, Amir's endeavours into headphone measurements speak for themselves, anyone who has been following them know how valuable his input in these matters is
  7. Chocomel

It was just a joke ya :). I would never actually cherry pick data like that.
  8. Chocomel

Your armchair psychology is really weird and inappropriate.
  9. Chocomel

The headphone show interview with special guest Dr. Sean Olive from Harman International.

Thought people here might also be interested in this interview. Also featuring @Mad_Economist
  10. Chocomel

Why SINAD is not important (article)

Because other metrics are not the focus of it. But as mentioned before in the thread, considering we can just look at the graphs themselves the single SINAD figure is still not important.
  11. Chocomel

For sure, if there's a cheaper equivalent we should recommend that. The case i see more often is giving a free pass to expensive products for inaudible better measurements. Or where perfectly fine products are chastised for inaudible distortion, even if they have other areas of merit that make...
  12. Chocomel

SINAD/THD+N and THD are poor quality metrics, that's just a fact, look at all the science/papers outlining their issues and poor correlation with sound quality. Are they better than nothing, yes. But we have way more than nothing thanks to amir and others doing good measurements of equipment...
  13. Chocomel

There's a bunch of metrics that have significantly better correlation with audio quality, for example the GedLee metric i wrote a small bit about here in a similar post This is not the only such metric in existence either. Edit: i would i agree with the sentiment others have mentioned here...
  14. Chocomel

Comparison of headphone measurements taken with music/noise versus a sine sweep

I made a short post comparing headphone measurements taken using noise and music versus the classic sine sweep on Reddit. I thought some people here might be interested in this as well. The comments include some additional commentary and measurements including ones taken with a "true" impulse...
Top Bottom