Recent content by chingaling

1. C

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Please make this in a 12 channel unit for people that use Atmos, I don't even care if I have to use a 2x4 HD to run subs. If you can get licencing for Dolby, THX & IMAX game over. The only reason I'm not buying this is because upgrading from 7 channel to Atmos. I'm buying a Pioneer Elite VSX LX...
  2. C

Buckeye Amps: Hypex NCx500 Official Thread

You shouldn’t let appearance be you deciding factor for buying this amp. I’m telling you right now it is unbelievably good. I have had it powered on for over three days playing non stop I have no desire to go back to listening to my McIntosh 452. I actually have someone coming over tomorrow to...
  3. C

I use the the MiniDSP SHD currently and think it’s great. I’ve also had a Topping D50 and a McIntosh D100. I went with the SHD for the streaming, Dirac Live & PEQ. I don’t use the streamer any more because I run USB straight from my computer. I just basically have it for the Dirac,PEQ, XLR and 4...
  4. C

Well I have to say this for first impressions. It’s really really good. Honestly after room correction and DSP it’s pretty indecernable between the Mac452 and NCx500 with my house curve. Straight up no DSP the Mac has the obvious warm house sound and the NCx500 is very clean and clear. They...
  5. C

Well there she is. I got the rack mount version.
  6. C

I got my tracking number last night. Only a couple days now.
  7. C

The do make class D amps, I did read somewhere they are manufactured by one of these companies (Hypex, Purifi) whoever and then they build custom buffers in house to give them the amp house sound. When will they stop building A/B? Probably never they will just keep getting more expensive as...
  8. C

I have to admit I’m pretty excited to receive this amp I hope it lives up to all the hype. I went from running A/V receivers for 20+ years to having a hard time spending on a pair of used Parasound HCA 1000's to owning 4 different McIntosh amps and a McIntosh pre amp to getting rid of the Mac...
  9. C

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

These new class D’s put down some crazy numbers @deercreekaudio
  10. C

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

What pre amp were you using when you gave it a demo. I purchased a SHD from you a few years back. I was wondering how this would pair with it.
  11. C

what are our thoughts on Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" (March 1973)?

My 1 year old and I will sit in the chair as I give him a bottle and we chill and listen to Floyd every day. It's a ritual at this point and it's when he is happiest, in Daddy's arms listening to Floyd. Pink Floyd will live on in this household for another 50 yrs.
  12. C

Subwoofer Comparison

I did check out speaker power I didn’t look at PowerSoft. I was thinking of Crest Audio CA 12 or 18 and the Crest Pro 9200.
  13. C

Subwoofer Comparison

Sweet! It was a tossup between the 15.4’s or the 21.1’s for me. I just wanted that little extra thump. What amp are you using to drive them?
  14. C

Subwoofer Comparison

Thanks! They should be end game subs for me. Now to find an amp to drive them.
  15. C

Subwoofer Comparison

I wound up making a purchase today after a lot of thought and discussion. I almost purchased the Rythmik FV18 but really didn’t want a vented sub. I wanted something sealed, clean and high SPL so I went with the two Harbottle 21.1 drivers.
Top Bottom