Recent content by chillwig

1. C

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

there is no preamp, just a digital attenuator that is switchable. You should hear no difference other than perceived loudness maybe.
  2. C

Topping E70 Velvet Returned to Apos

Assuming that it didnt sound more expensive than the ESS version.
  3. C

No issues here. It just works, and with the 12v trigger I don't really have to ever think about it unless I need to manually change digital inputs.
  4. C

Tried both and decided to use it on 4V because I couldn't hear any audible difference, I appreciate having the finer volume control at lower levels.
  5. C

Dynaudio 18s vs sub 6

I have no idea, only that the Manual discusses the DSP only in connection with the distance correction, including integration with a second sub. Also the more that I think about it, the availability of software crossover presets for specific tower models also implies that the DSP is handling...
  6. C

Dynaudio 18s vs sub 6

No I haven't, since my sub placement is centered between the towers and there's nothing to correct. I have however let the Sub6 handle the crossover to the towers (theres a preset for the Contour 30) and have not noticed any noise. Again, I suggest playing with the input sensitivity and seeing...
  7. C

Dynaudio 18s vs sub 6

Yes im running a sub 6 with a pair of Contour 30. However I'm letting my preamp handle the crossover currently.
  8. C

Dynaudio 18s vs sub 6

curious about the noise myself. are you using balanced connections? maybe try adjusting the input sensitivity.
  9. C

Dynaudio 18s vs sub 6

"Sub 6 DSP Features The Sub 6 incorporates signal processing that can compensate for the time delay and volume level differences between the subwoofer and main speakers resulting from their relative positions with respect to the listening position. Once you have positioned your subwoofer...
  10. C

That settles it my E70 stays in DAC mode.
  11. C

If and when you decide you want to upgrade your amp, you'll have every base covered.
  12. C

I think you're chasing dragons and the E70 is transparent and if you want to improve your sound, maybe look into some DSP equalization and speaker placement.
  13. C

DX3 Pro+ has a headphone amp.
  14. C

that's the TLDR version. The longer version is that the ESS version is using the 9028 pro which is a much older chip and well-established. The AK implementation is a brand new one out of it's new production line that Topping and all the manufacturers are just starting to implement. but it...
  15. C

FWIW I'm using an E70 (Sabre) with my Parasound Hint6 & Dynaudio Contour 30, and I'm very pleased with this combo. If you're set on going Topping, then definitely get one of the E70 models if you can because they measure among the best of them, and i think you will appreciate being able to...
Top Bottom