Recent content by cheapsoundguy

1. C

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

I ended up getting the MiniDSP SHD. It sounds absolutely fantastic, and it's much easier than fooling around with a full PC setup. In my younger days I would have liked that, now I am glad to have the SHD.
  2. C

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

I went this direction. I am a 99 out of 100 in terms of PC building/troubleshooting skill. But it’s just too much damn effort. Enjoying the SHD a lot every day.
  3. C

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I have a quick update. I received by MiniDSP SHD about 3 days after purchasing it, which was really impressive. I unboxed it and installed the software on my PC laptop. I decided to go for the 17 measurement "wide" stage for the DIRAC live setup. I am absolutely stunned by how much better my...
  4. C

So just to be totally clear, the 96khz internal sample rate limit on say a MiniDSP does not apply to say a PC running the DIRAC correction suite? (But obviously the DIRAC process itself is a sort of "resample" -- so I assume the difference between 96khz and 192khz is virtually imperceptible...
  5. C

https://www.dirac.com/2016-2-11-dirac-releases-new-version-of-live-room-correction-suite-with-192-khz-sample-rate-support/ I’m a bit confused if DIRAC supports 48khz, 96khz, or 192khz. Can you clarify?
  6. C

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

I have a bunch of great hardware in front of me, including a PC, an RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, and a MiniDSP SHD. I want to play with DIRAC room correction. I could either use the MiniDSP as a standalone option, or use DIRAC running on a PC, with the RME ADI-2 Pro as the DAC. In BOTH cases, I will...
  7. C

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Wow, impressive post. I will have to try this weekend, toddlers permitting.
  8. C

Were you able to get it working with your unit?
  9. C

For the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, does anyone know if it's possible to use the USB PC connection as both an input and output? Basically I want to run DIRAC on my PC with digital input and digital output using the RME ADI-2. So sound in from the Bluesound Node, out to the PC, run DIRAC on the...
  10. C

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I just purchased one of these. I have B+W 702 S2 speakers, and I am curious if the DIRAC will make them sound better, worse, or neither. It's a bit of a science experiment, but let's be honest, that's part of what this audiophillia is about....
  11. C

Why is everyone using USB/XMOS. Why not PCIE SPDIF Out?

Um… none of the DACs do multichannel do they? Sure and AVR will, but that’s not what 90% of this site is about. Or am I missing something?
  12. C

SUBWOOFER and BiAmp -- ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition vs ADI-2 DAC FS

That works, but you will have to mono-sum the unbalanced 1/2 somehow assuming your sub expects LFE RCA input. Or you can mono-sum the 3/4 headphone output (line voltage) via the RME internal DSP, and use a single RCA to sub output that way.
  13. C

SUBWOOFER and BiAmp -- ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition vs ADI-2 DAC FS

I have been playing with the ADI-2 Pro for a few days now. It is possible to use the front 3/4 headphone output (set to mono) as a sub output with a TS to RCA adapter. I use the main XLR 1/2 outputs to my amps for the 2.0 speakers. The 3/4 and 1/2 outputs use a separate DAC chip and can be...
Top Bottom