Recent content by Chazz6

1. Chazz6

Denon HEOS LINK HS2

Nor I. That's an eBay seller for you. Anyway, the box has done what it needs to do: reliably receive wi-fi and forward the digital stream to an external DAC.
  2. Chazz6

Denon HEOS LINK HS2

The review of version two - from 2016 - says, "Denon have also added direct Bluetooth support." Good identifier; my box has that.
  3. Chazz6

Denon HEOS LINK HS2

I'd call the top gray, definitely not black. The case has no labeling of where made, serial number, etc.
  4. Chazz6

Denon HEOS LINK HS2

Good question. Bought the HEOS Link used. There is no label on the case. The eBay seller listed it as the HS2.
  5. Chazz6

Denon HEOS LINK HS2

When I play a 192 kHz .flac file, it goes along this signal path: PC -(Ethernet)-> router -(wifi-)-> Denon HEOS -(Toslink optical)-> RME ADI-2 FS DAC ... The display on the RME DAC reports that it has a 192 kHz signal. You state, "The HEOS Link fixes digital output at 24bit/48KHz."...
  6. Chazz6

Denon HEOS LINK HS2

Well, here are specs from the user manual.
  7. Chazz6

Recommendation for a simple upnp/dlna music server app

The following features are available in Starter Edition: Intelligent Browsing (see this section) Automatic translation of the control-point browsing interface into multiple languages Basic support for profiles (select, view and reset) A configuration web page that enables you to...
  8. Chazz6

Recommendation for a simple upnp/dlna music server app

Minimserver with its companion program Minimstreamer is free the first year, then inexpensive. * It has a simple command interface to ffmpeg, which means you can write equalization commands. * It can transcode from one codec to another, for example, .mp3 to .wav, on the fly. * It has a basic...
  9. Chazz6

Amp and speaker recommendations

Active speakers need to master two skills: good amp design and manufacture, and good speaker design and manufacture. If you think your desire for good audio will evolve, keep that in mind.
  10. Chazz6

Best nearfields under $5k all-in?

Boxem amplifier and Spendor A1 sealed, passive bookshelf speakers. You are silent about source(s), so you probably do not need a streamer. In a seat one meter away, a subwoofer and room correction strike me as overkill, but if you get something out of them, great.
  11. Chazz6

Using S/PDIF from PC into RME ADI 2 DAC FS sounds horrible

Must the iPad be fed by a USB line? Being an Android person (if that is not a contradiction in terms ;)), I use BubbleUpNP on the Android device to control a stream out of the PC. The device and the computer communicate via wi-fi.
  12. Chazz6

Concert photos

Local group. Photo.
  13. Chazz6

RCA to RCA or RCA to XLR - Any difference?

Looks okay. I did something similar, connecting the RCA outs of a preamp to the XLR input of an amplifier. Got the cable from Castline (U.S).
  14. Chazz6

Spotify problems - just Wiim?

Less than US $50.
  15. Chazz6

Fosi vs NCore/Purifi: When would there be an audible difference?

If you can imagine that you might want different speakers in a few years, better to get a fine amplifier like a Boxem.
Top Bottom