Recent content by CharlesC

1. C

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

Any comments on using the Bluetooth input on the DA-9 vs connecting to a SA-9 in front of a DA-9? Thanks.
  2. C

“Measurement” of the Stack Audio Link streamer / detox

I found this image on the Stack Audio Twitter feed. It looks interesting but I don’t know the meaning or significance of it.
  3. C

I2S for the future?

Thanks for all the replies. It appears that I2S gets a universal thumbs down around here. I guess I can save myself $350. Thanks.
  4. C

I2S for the future?

I am probably going to be getting a new DAC primarily because I want one with XLR outs to better match my amp. I can do this for a reasonable price or I can spend a lot more to get a DAC that also has an I2S interface. My current streamer is SPDIF and I am happy enough with that now but who...
  5. C

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

This is my question as well. I’m considering this upgrade because my hypex ams like XLR but I’m not sure what will be gained. More volume possibly?
  6. C

Review and Measurements of IOM NCore Pro PWR Amp

I continue to be happy with the 250 monoblocks. They sound great to me. I use them to drive a pair of Buchardt S-400s. They sound fantastic.
  7. C

ifi micro iUSB3.0 USB Filter Review

Saying a device isn't cost effective is not the same as saying it does nothing. Audio science would be better served by testing this with a shit Schiit Modi 1 or 2.
  8. C

Do "pre-amps" even exist?

It was explained to me that impedance matching was more of an issue where analog attenuators were involved. Not really an issue with modern sources having digital attenuators. So I was told.
  9. C

Auralic Vega G2 Streamer and DAC Review

Waiting for Qobuz. Waiting for an iPad app. Waiting for Roon Certification (Element i at least). Matrix needs to hire some programmers. Off topic, sorry.
  10. C

Player-Streamer Roundup - Need feedback on yours

You can avoid a lot of software insecurity by building a Roon ROCK device or sticking with BlueOS. My experience using Volumio with Qobuz has not been satisfactory.
  11. C

I do like the D50S a lot. If you are listening they headphones the difference could lie more in the headphone amps than the DACs.
  12. C

The DAC is a Topping D50S. I’m using RCA to XLR cables. I’ll probably get the itch for an XLR DAC before long, knowing me.
  13. C

Like my recent DAC and amp purchases, they are smaller, less expensive and better sounding than what they replaced.
  14. C

IOM 250 monoblocks in action. Sounds real good to me, subjectively speaking.
Top Bottom