Recent content by changer

1. C

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

That's the same for the Raspberry solution. You control the streamer via a web interface with your smartphone, or tablet, or laptop, or ..., all over wifi.
  2. C

If you are handy you would use the software piCorePlayer to run Logitech Media Server on a Raspberry Pi and either connect an external DAC via usb, or buy an XLR head, like the one that the company hifiberry is offering. The newly developed Tidal plugin is working very well, according to its...
  3. C

Buchardt Audio SUB10

Can you leave me a link where this specific amp is on offer commercially for end users?
  4. C

I wrote from memory, and at 1 meter, it is close to impossible for me to hear them (used a scale). At 80 cm however, I can hear them when it is silent and from 70 to 60 it becomes easy. In any case, the self-noise is so low in volume that it does not even bother me from close up, like 50 cm...
  5. C

Using Tidal Connect on a raspberry pi without Volumio

For piCorePlayer users there is now a new addon for Tidal integration after Logitech announced their ending of squeezebox servers that enabled the login verification until now. The plugin is still under development and available from within LMS plugins panel, this is the git...
  6. C

GGNTKT Model M1

It is stated on the manufacturers homepage under the technical data. Horizontal dispersion is given as 140 degrees, vertical 100 degrees (-40, +60). These speakers do not follow the sound formula of reducing early reflections that is popular in some circles. Narrow radiating waveguide speakers...
  7. C

GGNTKT Model M1

In my experience it is best to do measurements. We will mostly fail to hear issues before a longer time of constant usage and think the flaws are features :D If I understood correctly, you got a measurement option. As Keith already wrote, it does not matter where the EQ happens in a digital...
  8. C

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

You would probably want to set both HF as well as the UHF trims to -1, as a baseline. But if your source has the ability of proper EQ, don't hesitate to go further than what the hardware controls offer.
  9. C

Share your in-room measurements?

Apparently, room modes are excited in varying degrees at different SPL levels. I did the MMM measurement at 10 dB higher SPL (black line) to find out whether the unconvincing measurement results below 40 Hz would change, and yes, this solved the issue, from the perspective of the measurement...
  10. C

Share your in-room measurements?

After listening to a commercial low cardioid speaker I was disappointed with my chipboard brick and reworked my room EQ. I used the 9 available filters from the Hypex room EQ bank from 45 Hz to 660 Hz. These graphs still show a 2 dB higher response <100 Hz than I am using now, coming from an...
  11. C

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

Yes, this speaker is highly EQ-able. It's tweeter's dispersion is also not too different from the Genelec S360. The JBL is just a bit hotter around 8k, but we predominantely perceive the direct sound and a PEQ fc 8000, Q=3 - 2 dB should fix this. And filling in the crossover gap should be as easy.
  12. C

GGNTKT Model M1

Sorry, I was not precise. In my write-up of my listening yesterday, I mentioned that at some point the preset of the M1(S) was changed to sub cardioid, that I, subjectively, found to be superior to the previous mode. In this mode, we were told, the two drivers at the back were not supporting in...
  13. C

GGNTKT Model M1

I mean to remember both speakers were driven with the biggest amp option, this makes it the M1S? Also, yes, it is not strictly necessary to add a sub re bandwidth, for lower listening levels, it could be fine to go without. I would definitely recommend to first think about one’s own listening...
  14. C

GGNTKT M3 yes M3 Formerly known as M2!

Yes, it's a blast!
  15. C

GGNTKT Model M1

To return to this, I listened to the M1 today and heard a three-out-of-three-stars speaker. Despite the M3 being an incredible speaker, for my space, I would be most satisfied to go with the M1 and subwoofer option.
Top Bottom