Recent content by Chaconne

1. C

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

Regarding the market demand for budget speakers: Do you want a some Diamond 12.1s? Too bad. They seem to be sold out everywhere, including the Wharfedale website. Nothing used showing up on HiFiShark, either, the last time I checked. Pretty strong vote of confidence for the esteemed Mr. Fink!
  2. C

I think the Diamond 12 series is the only one he designed for Wharfedale. He has also designed some models for Q Acoustics. His own Fink Team speakers are well regarded—and quite pricey. (He has contributed to this thread, above, stating that the so-called BBC dip was intentional and done in...
  3. C

So maybe Karl-Heinz knows what he's doing! :)
  4. C

Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2 Anniversary Edition Review

I used bass and treble controls only when the recordings called for it.
  5. C

Thank you for saving me the trouble of looking for that post (which I was just about to do)! Yes, folks the dip is indeed intentional, and it's there for a reason, though some may not agree that it's a good reason.
  6. C

BBC speakers

I've tried to explain to myself my fondness for the BBC-school speakers using all kinds of audiophile-approved terminology, but it turns out the best I can do is to admit simply that they come closer recreating what I hear in the concert hall than any other speakers I'm aware of. To my ears...
  7. C

A Call For Humor!

Why don't you go where fashion sits?
  8. C

A Call For Humor!

9. C

A Call For Humor!

10. C

A Call For Humor!

Knock, knock. Who's there? Control freak—now YOU say "control freak who!"
  11. C

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

Is it fake if the signals directed to the rear speaker are already in the recording?
  12. C

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

I don't understand why so many people seem to be criticizing this product on the grounds that is it is not what it is not intended to be. It's like criticizing a mini-monitor for not reproducing 20 Hz bass. Nobody intended it to do that and nobody should demean it for not doing that.
  13. C

Audiophiles and "Synesthesia / Chromesthesia"

I'm pretty sure I read that French composer Olivier Messiaen had synesthesia and spoke about "yellow chords" and "blue chords" thinking others would know what he meant.
  14. C

Speakers from last century that you love

NHT SuperOne and SuperTwo. A couple of fine performers.
Top Bottom