Recent content by Certainkindoffool

1. Certainkindoffool

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

I had a chance to buy a 77" LG GX for 2k(CAD$) under black friday prices, but lost out due to my wife not committing(it was through her father). So, while I was completely happy...the 65" tv that I am looking at has been bothering me for awhile.
  2. Certainkindoffool

My toroids buzz

I was advised by my father-in-law, to dip terroidial transformers in Varnish to deal with buzzing.
  3. Certainkindoffool

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

I don't check ingredients unless I like the beer. But, that is mostly because I brew and like to expose myself to different things I might want to experiment with.
  4. Certainkindoffool

Oppo PM-3 Owners Thread

I own the PM-1 and like it. Well built, efficient, and attractive. Though, they are 'worth' more on the used market than I think is reasonable. FYI, apparently the Drop Panda uses the same drivers.
  5. Certainkindoffool

What Headphones Do You Own Ready to Send to Amir for Testing at His Request

I plan on selling the following headphones, but wouldn't mind sending them in for measurements as I'm in no rush. Oppo PM-1(w/ the 3 available pad styles) Hifiman Edition X V2 AKG Q701 Audioquest Nighthawk I do live in Canada though, not sure if there will be any hassle sending these over the...
  6. Certainkindoffool

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Yes, I believe it was your post that alerted me - thanks! I happened to be drunk at the time and just ordered them without thinking much about it. I probably wouldn't have ordered them otherwise, they are a bit overkill for my office, as its sandwiched between a nursery and my daughters room...
  7. Certainkindoffool

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

FYI, I ordered a pair of 8030c's from Music City on Black Friday, and they have not shipped yet.
  8. Certainkindoffool

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I recently had a nc400 module blow, and poached a module from another monoblock. I was thinking about replacing the module with a purifi one, as they seem to be about the same price and use the same power supply. That being said, how much work would it be to convert a Ghent nc400 case for use...
  9. Certainkindoffool

*OFF* Hypex VTV mp252 amplifier(Canada)

Sorry for the late reply, I had an nc400 module fail almost immediately after posting this add, and was a bit distracted. I was lucky enough to have an extra module on hand, so everything is up and running again. However, after that experience I feel like I should keep a spare amplifier on...
  10. Certainkindoffool

*Sold* Qudelix 5K(Canada)

$100CAD plus shipping. BNIB sealed. I accidentally ordered 2 of these during the Black friday sale - Drinking. It cost me $146.29CAD to import - considerably less than the absurd $293.70 it is listed for on Amazon.ca.
  11. Certainkindoffool

*OFF* Hypex VTV mp252 amplifier(Canada)

Sale is off as one of my nc400 modules blew because of 'stupid cat,' not any design or reliability issues. Decided not to sell as my wife and daughter won't let me get rid of said cat, and I may need a backup amp.
  12. Certainkindoffool

Good way to stream Amazon Music HD to DAC

As per edit. I started a post before a 4 year old jumped on me. It was intended as a joke, but got sent before it was finished. I certainly did sound like a shit head though!
  13. Certainkindoffool

Good way to stream Amazon Music HD to DAC

Edit: (Started this post before a 4 year old jumped on me. It got sent before making any sense)That doesn't make any fucking sense. How do you expect to be so unsatisfied as to spend I used it with a chromecast audio until upgrading because play-fi is garbage. 525UK is way too much to pay...
  14. Certainkindoffool

Cheap alternatives to speaker stands?

My stepfather made a pair of these circa 1997, and they worked great. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.instructables.com/PVC-and-Plywood-Speaker-Stands-for-Cheap/%3famp_page=true
Top Bottom