Recent content by CedarX

1. C

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

Raspi 5 is much better: no noise or distortion… (it has no audio output!) :p:p:p
  2. C

A Thread Dedicated to Cirrus Logic CS43131

I don’t think the HiBy M300 DAP has been mentioned in this thread (I have one): it’s a compact Android DAP using a single CS43131 (3.5mm port). What I found interesting is that HiBy has customized Android 13 to resample everything to 24bit/192kHz instead of the default 16/48. Is there a...
  3. C

A Thread Dedicated to Cirrus Logic CS43131

Were the Meizu pro and Ugreen with opa1622 using the CS43131(DAC + Amp) or the CS43198 (DAC-only)? I believe the Meizu Pro has been discontinued. iIs the Ugreen still available? And what Ugreen model/number is it? Ugreen does not make things easy to find out which chip they use…
  4. C

Moondrop May (IEM with USB C DSP cable)

Or you can buy the Moondrop CDSP (~$15) that is built around a KTmicro chip, like the Tanchjim DSP-enabled IEMs (DSP versions of the Zero, One, and Tanya). These KTmicro-based IEM/cables only offer 5x Peak filters (9x on FreeDSP) and may not be as good as the FreeDSP—but they are most likely...
  5. C

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

Same here… Aful seems to have interesting products, but they are on the pricy side. And their marketing stuff triggers my BS-meter too many times—see Aful description of the USB cable included in their SnowyNight dongle for example… I would also like to hear comments on their Performer 5 and...
  6. C

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

This actually brings a great point about IEMs: after a few days… there is always a better bang for your bucks—I trust all the above recommendations to be correct! :) So, pick a few of these recommended IEMs, and listen to them until you despise them, or have exhausted all possible EQ trick...
  7. C

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Follow-up on the Active Ground feature with headphones... The E1DA PowerDAC 2.5/3.5mm adapter does not work: the 2.5mm TRRS is wired L+ / R+ / [L- R-] / [L- R-]. But I found an adapter that did work :): The 2.5mm TRRS is wired [L- R-] / R+ / L+ / [L- R-], so it ties the L- and R- together as...
  8. C

Interesting new Moondrop product- DSP equipped IEM cable

My bad... For whatever reason, when I tested this yesterday, the actual Freq/Q/Gain parameters were not adjusting when I selected "Moondrop FreeDSP"... Not sure what happened, but it does work today! :cool::cool::cool: FreeDSP (or the FreeDSP App) only accepts integer gains: is this...
  9. C

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

OK... I was confused by your statement "it is more limited due to less available processing power / memory": whether RME limited their DSP capabilities based upon the available processing power / memory or the other way around--based on what is manageable with RME built-in interface, they...
  10. C

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

I actually find the performances quite amazing considering what the RPI designers had to “play” with—no DAC, just using built-in PWM output.
  11. C

I noticed that @jaakkopasanen has added "Moondrop FreeDSP" as equalizer app. option in AutoEQ. Great !!! .......Except that the "AutoEQ" part has not been implemented yet :(. Work in progress? EDIT: it does work!
  12. C

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

Does the available processing power matter… if you won’t use it with a fixed number of filters?
  13. C

A Call For Humor!

I think they were attempting a car-pole-vault-jump-into-the-sea stunt… which is probably forbidden in the Netherlands… :):):)
  14. C

You may also check @Phenoez8 review of the Moondrop MAY IEM, which uses what appears to be a variant of the FreeDSP cable: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/moondrop-may-usb-c-headphones-review.52396/
Top Bottom