Recent content by Cebolla

1. C

Tidal’s New Lossless Tier Says Goodbye to MQA (but does it really?)

Forget about the principle, presumably assumed from the TIDAL marketing speak. Did you actually read my first post above (& especially Peter Lie's comments in the linked Roon community thread)...
  2. C

Yes, they appear to be one and the same.
  3. C

Unfortunately, it appears TIDAL are happy to cause that very confusion - the new Australian TIDAL HiFi tier has now been tested and found to be streaming MQA: Tidal “HiFi Plus” Introduced - #15 by vmartell - TIDAL - Roon Labs Community If you happen to select an MQA labelled track for...
  4. C

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

The mansr tool returns MQA information embedded in the PCM stream - what other watermark are you after?
  5. C

Indeed. The Sam Smith "Too Good At Goodbyes" track in question does: PS C:\mqadist\dist> .\mqascan "C:\Music\TIDAL MQA tests\82670503 HiFi quality (16bit/44.1kHz) connection.flac" 00000000: MQA signature at bit 8 00000000: [5] datasync magic 36: 0x11319207d...
  6. C

Not sure why you expected that particular MQA track when streamed via the TIDAL HiFi quality (16bit/44.1kHz only resolution) connection to be bit-perfect with the original MQA track (as streamed via the Masters quality connection). The original MQA track (undecoded) is hi-res 24bit/44.1kHz (with...
  7. C

Design decisions in Marantz NA-7004 streamer/tuner and recommends for replacement

It may be worth seeing if you can give the old boy a new lease of life by trying it out with the Logitech Media Server (free), as that should provide it with premium account Spotify Connect support (via the Spotty 3rd party LMS plugin) as well as several of the other popular online music...
  8. C

Best OS/server to stream Tidal/Qobuz via Raspberry PI

The BubbleUPnP app is my preference on Android, but unlike the mconnect Player app I mentioned, there's no version for iOS and it cannot provide TIDAL's hi-res MQA masters tracks - for those that must have them. Also, BubbleUPnP does have the (optional) capability to proxy TIDAL's & Qobuz's...
  9. C

Any Volumio users out there?

Should't be any different to how Volumio implements its UPnP/DLNA player as they both use the same one - the upmpdcli UPnP media renderer front end client for MPD. Are you actually referring to MoOde's web browser UI to control its UPnP/DLNA player rather than the UPnP/DLNA player itself?
  10. C

ConversDigital's mconnect Player app can be used to control any standard UPnP/DLNA supporting streamer (so includes RPi ones), as well as Chromecast devices, to stream audio file tracks from directly from both TIDAL's & Qobuz's respective online servers. Support for Qobuz includes its lossless...
  11. C

Unless gapless playback of the streamed audio file tracks in the playlist is required - Google Cast streaming still doesn't support it.
  12. C

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

You still have to careful not to say all Chromecast supporting apps do as you say - though the majority do. For example, the Hi-Fi Cast Android app, as mentioned in the Edit at the end of the OP/article, has a gapless function option for Chromecast devices that can only be implemented by the...
  13. C

The point I was making was that the article seemed to imply that Roon's bit perfect use of Google Cast protocol, with assumed 'special' support from Google to implement, was not otherwise available publicly: The reality is that the vast majority of applications available to the public that...
  14. C

Hi Amir Just read this excellent review, after being directed to it from another forum. However, I'm slightly concerned by what appears to come across as the Google Cast protocol not being bit perfect when streaming audio, unless a non-publically available feature is unlocked by some...
Top Bottom