Recent content by cbracer

1. cbracer

PSB Alpha P3 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Excellent video..... I can't wait to finally put my pair up for sale! If anyone thinks these are the "end game" then please make me an offer.... There are songs that sound great on any set of speakers. Especially this one. But for my likes I want a speaker that can sound good with all songs...
  2. cbracer

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I find lowering bass -1 is ideal, -2 max. -3 is too far. Honestly if you aren't happy with the mid then why did you turn down the bass only to complain of no bass? I get it you want less mid range but that's your preference. The data does not suggest it needs less mid range. I would guess...
  3. cbracer

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I ended up buying 2 of these after reading / watching some reviews on them. I wanted a lifestyle speaker set for the family room downstairs that was easy and functional for the rest of my family to enjoy without multiple pieces/amps/remotes. I used the not so specific equalizer on the app to...
  4. cbracer

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

I don't have not seen why the mic version would have different ear pieces. The 7Hz Salnotes Zero does not have any extra bass boost - which is something many listeners want. It's also the reason I don't like the Truthear Zero Blue IEMs because they have too much bass and it detracts from the...
  5. cbracer

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

The 84 dB is very low so you really need a strong amp if you want to turn up the volume. Normal listening no problem but the loud the T9 Pro won't do it. The 620 is a different class of speaker than the A130, sound and quality.
  6. cbracer

7Hz Salnotes Zero IEM Review

I could not agree more. Happy to see Amir finally tested the IEMs which I like and have used since I got the Truthear Blue as well. Funny to see now the 7Hz Salnotes gets some respect. For me the Blue had too much bass. And as such I suspect the 7Hz Salnotes 2 will also. If you love bass...
  7. cbracer

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

In the review on pg1, the SINAD measurements are the pre-amp outputs correct? And the AVR SINAD at 5W is the measuremet of the amp outputs correct? With the SINAD being in the 70's for the RZ50 amp outputs, is everyone running external amps for all 5,7 or 9 of their speakers? I understand...
  8. cbracer

What does it mean when a speaker sounds like this..... ?

I'm a mechanical engineer and in recent years have started paying more attention to speakers after years of general listening to music. I'm interested in the science and frequency response along with other aspects of a "good" speaker. But I have a hard time following reviews of people who...
  9. cbracer

Teac AX-505 standby mode

There is a difference between "sleep mode" and "standby mode". If the unit goes into standby, it will not auto on. But in normal sleep mode it will. So, the automatic power on function works when the "automatic power saving" (APS) function is set to OFF and the input source is digital such as...
  10. cbracer

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

You might try different ear plugs which effects the "hardness". Punchy typically implies it's hard but perhaps a different plug will seal better.
  11. cbracer

Moondrop Starfield IEM $70 shipped

Selling my pair of Moondrop Starfield IEMs. They sound great, only used them for a month and never with super high volumes. I tried out a couple of IEMs for when I travel on a plane, but decided on a cheap pair because I know they will get lost at some point. If you have any questions please...
  12. cbracer

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

I like mine. I love it for the cost. Don't care for look and sound, but I'm not picking it based on that. I kept it and returned the Truthear x Crinacle Zero (too much upper base), along with the new model the Truthear Hexa (not enough base). I just wish I could afford to try the Blessing...
  13. cbracer

Poll: Do you like Harman In-Ear target curve?

We all seem to agree the correct sound for a speaker is a flat response. Not preference, but correct. So go listen to one, and then try your harman curve IEM and tell me it sounds similar. I'm not saying the exact same, that's not possible, but similar. I can't understand how anyone would...
  14. cbracer

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Some people need the last word and will argue past the sun goes down..... the point here is that it would be an improvement for most people and I think if you averaged all the proper responses you read in these 100 pages and other discussions you might have to come to the conclusion that the...
  15. cbracer

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

There are other versions of it with less bass. I'm so confused that audiophiles here all agree that a neutral speaker is a straight freq response curve, slightly angled down, that Amir likes. And so we know that doesn't work for IEMs, but to assume that a small majority voted most liked by a...
Top Bottom