Recent content by CBdicX

1. C

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

Received the one unit from Germany and all is ok. They cut the box in half and even put the rubber feet on the unit as the 8 feet are on one rubber pad. I do find the price different very high compared to what Kef US is asking for doing the same steps. I use the unit on its side so now I can...
  2. C

Can someone tell when this unit is produced with this serial numebr: LS50214604N05N2G
  3. C

Will the LS50C Meta be any different from Kef just selling a single unit ? I mean, will the C version have plugs to cover the mounting holes when you want to use it on its side, or the C version will not have mounting holes ? Thanks.....
  4. C

AVR vs Integrated stereo amplifier for KEF LS50 Meta?

When you want to hear differents, you will hear differents ! Why would a Stereo amp of $500 be any better then a $1000 AVR > in Direct/Pure mode ?? With a pure Stereo amp you will miss out on room correction/ bass management / LFE control ect. and not just for multi channel use. I will never...
  5. C

That is an option, only not the best option. The best way to test a amp (or speaker) is in your own home/room !! Your room is dictating the way audio stuff sounds, if you listen in a store, you judge the sound in that space. At home you can do an A/B test between your AVR and Stereo Amp (and...
  6. C

Asked Kef about using 2 LS50 as Center, not to question your answer but to be sure. Few month ago I had a Gallo Adiva SE setup, and asked the same question, thay say it is ok to use 2 Adiva side by side as a Center speaker. But this is a "different" speakers with one broadband driver...
  7. C

No human can hear any differents in amps when played in Pure or Direct mode. Its the speakers that make "warm" or "cool" sounding amps, not the amp itsef...... The people that say they can hear differents in amps, must do a blind test with several amps, and try to pick out the correct amp...
  8. C

Yes, tried this on a few dealers that say the units are sold per unit, but in the end you need 2 to complete the buying process....... :-( But to be sure I asked them if they will sell one unit, thanks for the link. EDIT: YES, they are willing to sell one unit, the first dealer and I tried 4-5...
  9. C

Hi, do not think you will "hear" any differents when you start using a Stereo amp when you compare both in "Pure / Direct"setting. The Yamaha will take any audio format, a Stereo amp will not, you have room correction and more benefits from the TRS. A modern AVR is for my ears as good as any...
  10. C

Thanks for all the advice :) Problem in Europe is that Kef and the dealers will not sell a single unit, I would like to get a White one. I personal do not understand Kef, it could generate sales as I will not be the only LS50M user that want to use them in a multi channel setup. For now I...
  11. C

Thank you for the reply :) But would it be "bad" to use 2 side by side ?
  12. C

Hello, I am new to this forum (but an "old" AVS member ;)) and want to ask if it is possible to use 2x LS50M side by side as a Center speaker ? The problem in the BENELUX is that Kef will not sell 1 LS50M as a Center like in the US :-( So my only option wil be to use 2. I have the space to use 2...
Top Bottom