Recent content by CauliflowerEars

1. C

L.O.T.S. (Loudspeaker Optimization Techniques for Soundstage)

Thank you, I think that is indeed what I am experiencing between the two positions I've mentioned. 1) Would treating and EQ-ing the room be able to compensate the loss of image precision to achieve both image precision and better soundstage? 2) Is there a simple way to experience how a good...
  2. C

L.O.T.S. (Loudspeaker Optimization Techniques for Soundstage)

I just stumbled upon his video and the best ‘magic’ placement ended up being … speakers almost half way of the room’s length … 1.1m from my LP pretty near field listening). Even though moving the speakers back, closer to the front wall didn’t sound as good, placing them more apart ended up...
  3. C

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

Did you have a chance to compare the V3+48v vs A300 on the DBR62?
  4. C

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

@Gygess @antcollinet @olieb As always, thank you very much for the very insightful discussion. If I’m not mistaken, would a following summary be correct? 1) Don’t bother with a better amp, V3 is already a very good ‘middle ground’. Which other amp and price range would be a good upgrade from...
  5. C

Yes 1) I saw PA5’s SINAD in the blue ‘excellent’ area (in the top 20 of ASR measured amps), so was curious to have an affordable near ‘end game’ amp and call it a day. Especially as many said a V3 without load dependency would be a game changer. I haven’t experienced +16 SINAD difference...
  6. C

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Oh, so the subs will take the bass and let Elacs focus on the higher frequencies, making them ‘faster’ sounding?
  7. C

Ah, OK. From your initial comment, I understood that the V3 isn't as good as the PA5: 'What I expected was to get close to the performance of the pa5 topping, but we're not there. [...] A little disappointed (I say this as an owner)'. Doesn't the PA5's 20% better SINAD over V3 (106 vs 88) make...
  8. C

Ah, thank you! I have already been enjoying the DBR62 in black/dark wood for almost a year. Just equipped them with the Fosi V3 (48v). Curious, if I should get a better amp for them. But, I am considering a new set of speakers for the bedroom (although, I've seen the DBR62 in white and the...
  9. C

class D Amp recomendation for ELAC DBR62, under 300$

Has anyone maybe compared Fosi V3 (48 V PSU), Topping PA5 II, and SMSL A300, with the Elac DBR62? I currently have the V3, but still in the return window and am curious, if the other could be a good upgrade (partly, considering the reported load dependency of the V3).
  10. C

How much better did you find the Topping PA5? How did the load dependency difference affect the sound? I’m looking for a new amp for my (hard to drive, 8 ohm) Elac DBR62 speakers. Due to the upcoming holidays and V3’s return window I kind of have to decide, if the PA5 II could be a worthy...
  11. C

Fosi v3 load dependency with Elac dbr62 - A problem?

Has anyone tried the Topping Pa5 II with the Elac DBR62? Apparently it doesn’t have the load dependency and I was curious, if it’s much different (better?) than the Fosi V3 with those speakers.
  12. C

Rotary Switch to compare 2 Amplifiers?

Thank you. I will probably need to compare 4 amps altogether, so that's why I wanted to make sure I have a good way. Ah, so you've never used such a switch for comparing amps? With the battery test, if the batteries go as amps, do I connect the actual speakers on the other side .... ? Would the...
  13. C

Rotary Switch to compare 2 Amplifiers?

Another member suggested getting this Rotary Switch to A/B test two amps with the same pair of speakers. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get more clarification, and I’m not an engineer (sorry). I don't want to fry anything, so would like to double check, how to connect everything (Aiyima A07...
  14. C

Fosi v3 load dependency with Elac dbr62 - A problem?

V3 sounds good now. I think it might have been the 48V PSU. It made both V3 and A07 sound heavy. But after some time, it’s fine. Maybe it was due to the cold it was exposed to, while in transport. Now, the V3 seems fuller than the A07.
  15. C

I’m also new at EQing, but seems you can start with finding another person’s EQ settings and copy them. Then maybe modify to your taste. What is your source and setup? I use Wiim Mini to stream with and it has EQ and PEQ in its app, so might use that.
Top Bottom