Recent content by catalogguy

1. catalogguy

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

I have had good luck with this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756FZHTT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
  2. catalogguy

USB to 12V trigger input?

Yes and no. I came up with a solution that works reasonably well and is still in service: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/looking-to-build-a-simple-solution-to-control-12v-amp-trigger.24288/page-2#post-1019792 I was not able to get power out of the USB on the mini...
  3. catalogguy

Looking for a 12v trigger transmitter & receiver

Instead of using the trigger, the tv or avr would act as control and the power strip would power up the pre-amp.
  4. catalogguy

There are smart power strips, if that’s safe for your pre-amp. Amazon link
  5. catalogguy

The new topping E70 dac has a trigger output and they say the dac wakes up from any input. It would be isolated from the avr if connected by optical cable.
  6. catalogguy

If you only need the trigger to provide power during your own sessions, perhaps you could introduce a new, isolated source of power. See reference to a gizmo with its own remote: ASR post Amazon link
  7. catalogguy

There are a number of gizmos available that may help. Please confirm that you wish to control the pre-amp when then AVR is powered on? Does the AVR have a trigger output? Does the pre-amp have a trigger input? Do you use a programmable remote to which you could add a device to control...
  8. catalogguy

A Call For Humor!

Saw this today on Reddit: There’s a woman selling batteries in the park. She sells C cells by the seesaw.
  9. catalogguy

A Call For Humor!

I am sticking with (b) 3. "How many times will circle A revolve in total?" Circle A revolves 3 times in its journey around circle B. To claim that the entire journey constitutes an additional revolution, as defined by circle A moving in a curved path around the center of circle B, conflates...
  10. catalogguy

Faster electric razor

So many amusing contributions! :-) My dad says the device I am thinking of is a rectifier... Does this help anyone explain what it is?
  11. catalogguy

Faster electric razor

Years back, I had a plug-in electric razor. I used a small device between the razor plug and the wall outlet. It made the razor run faster. I believe it was called a Shaver Jet, but I find no mention of it online. I recall someone said it converted AC to DC, making the motor happier? Do...
  12. catalogguy

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Since this has a trigger, I am considering this for my living room TV. The trigger extends the dac as a front end beyond simply adding a volume control, input switch and infrared remote. The trigger - as a simple, reliable power control for an amp - is big for WAF/ease of use. There are few...
Top Bottom