Recent content by catalogguy

1. catalogguy

Request for help adding a microphone to a headphone amp

Could someone please comment on whether the microphone sold at the link below would work with the XP-2 Pro headphone amplifier? This microphone apparently uses an LR44 battery. Would this be sufficient boost for the signal to come through loud and clear...
  2. catalogguy

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately, simply plugging the mic into the analog input and setting the amp to use the analog input did not work. The amp has a built-in mic, but it seems to have very limited functionality; from the manual: "Microphone: only supports phone call mode."
  3. catalogguy

Thanks for this information. Based on the requirement, I will need to find something self-contained and at least somewhat durable (can be dropped into a purse and pulled out and remain in tact). If it needs power, then it will need its own source. Perhaps something like a small bluetooth...
  4. catalogguy

My mother is hard if hearing and particularly difficult for her is getting a clear understanding of voices on TV. She us quite pleased that I set her up with a bluetooth transmitter, bluetooth receiver/DAC/amp combo device, and a set of Koss headphones. Separately, my sister bought her a...
  5. catalogguy

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Basically buy the 2 items, then insert the wires from the plug into the controller like in the picture and cover the wires with tape. Plug it into the amp's trigger input, connect AC and position the IR receiver in a good spot. There was a bit of testing and I got some really helpful advice...
  6. catalogguy

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Right, the Buckeye can be controlled with a trigger. But my streamer does not have the trigger output.
  7. catalogguy

I am really happy with the trigger I built. Following up on a few posts here. I have been enjoying my recently received my Buckeye 2 channel amp and now have a working trigger solution to control the on/off. Long path but short answer... I bought a controller for an LED light strip. It is a...
  8. catalogguy

Request for wiring advice

This is a success! I directly inserted the wires and taped it up. I added the device to the Harmony universal remote and now the amp powers on and off with the streamer, etc. Thanks so much for all the help.
  9. catalogguy

Looking to build a simple solution to control 12v amp trigger

This is working great! I confirmed that the "arrow" was positive. I simply inserted the wires from the mono plug into the controller plug and taped it up. I taught the Harmony the power on/off from the remote that came with the controller. The amp powers on and off with the streamer for...
  10. catalogguy

Confirmed that the tip of the jack plug connects to the red wire.
  11. catalogguy

Thanks for bringing this up as I have had concerns. I measured the output from the barrel connector on the adapter at 12.5v DC. I got the same measurement at the pins coming out of the controller. I simply used the on/off power button on the remote (no colors or dimming, etc.). Is it...
  12. catalogguy

This looks great! I had expected to use something more like your device until I found the other gizmo that seems to get me a little closer to a finished item with the enclosure, etc.
  13. catalogguy

Request for wiring advice

I am attempting to build a device that will power on my 2 channel amplifier by the 12v trigger input when I use a universal remote. I have purchased a device that includes the relay, 12v power adapter and remote. I need to connect the 3.5 mm plug to the device. Does anyone recommend how to do...
  14. catalogguy

Thanks... I looked at that to see how I could make it work. It is an interesting device but does not provide a control for switching the amp on and off. I have come up with a few conceptual ways to do it. I am going to try something that incorporates and IR receiver into a 12v relay so that...
  15. catalogguy

Thanks for finding that. Is the remote IR? My concern is that if the remote requires RF, then I will not be able to program my Harmony remote.
Top Bottom