Recent content by carsknivesbeer

1. C

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Was there something about Erin's measurements that said something different than the other measurements of their speakers by various other outlets that are available? None of the measurements elsewhere seem to conform to what an objectively good speaker measurement looks like. I thought this was...
  2. C

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

The newish Onkyo A-9110 could be a decent budget contender. No digital in, but phono input and sub out. Are the Yamaha a-301/501/701/801 official discontinued? They look like they are being replaced with the N-xxxA receivers. The old N600 series measured much worse than the basic stereo...
  3. C

I was just commenting on the minimum line to get these features on a non-network stereo Yamaha.
  4. C

The A-s301 and up have sub out, phono, and digital in.
  5. C

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

As an owner of a700/a-s501/a-s701 I would love to see some measurements on ASR. 3 or four years on a s701 refurb from A4Less.
  6. C

TOPPING HS02 coming

I can turn the volume up to 90% without music and hear literally nothing with the first Topping model. That is not the case without it. It worked for my USB from a Mac mini. You either have a problem with background noise or not. Just order from a place with a good return policy if it doesn’t help.
  7. C

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

I would like a RME style EQ for a non-computer based setup where I predominantly listen to CDs (and some LPs/tapes). IDK why SMSL/Topping hasn't done a DAC with EQ. The streaming part of that setup is Wiim and can use the EQ there, it's just the CD/LP/Tape. I use Soundsource in a desktop setup...
  8. C

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

I wish someone would put out a DAC with EQ for like half the price with no headphone amp. One of these days I’ll find a used one or break down and get one.
  9. C

Is it possible to EQ Left and Right Discrepancies in asymmetric room

Thank you for taking the time on helping me with EQ, I really appreciate it. I spent the weekend moving things around, changing stands, moving the sub, adjusting phase, and applying the EQ you suggested. I have Sound Source which does not use Q but width, so I am still tweaking that. Is there...
  10. C

Thanks for looking. The sub is currently almost directly behind the listening position, about 24 inches off the ground. Cut off was set at 160.
  11. C

I saved the files without a sub to make it less complicated. Orange is Left, Blue is right. This is a rough of the room. It is not square at all. The right speaker is under an overhead cabinet. Speakers are about 36 inches apart, 2 feet from the listening position. The listening position and...
  12. C

This is the Left and Right measurements of LS50 Metas on an asymmetric fixed desk setup. This is the best I can get with room placement. The left and right speaker frequency response are opposite between 100 and 500. 45ish is a room null I cannot EQ out. Does it make sense to try to EQ these out...
  13. C

KEF R7 REW Measurements: Starting Point, Any Simple Suggestions?

Crossover is at 100Hz, Phase at 180. I have the sub set for " low music" on the panel. Walls to the left are drapes, right is open, back wall is half open. Plaster and some large framed pictures.
  14. C

KEF R7 REW Measurements: Starting Point, Any Simple Suggestions?

I have a Wiim Pro and eventually something like a RME. I was trying to see if there were any obvious things that stood out before I EQ as far as placement or things to not bother with. The dip at 1.5k isn't present on the spinorama measurements of the R7 so that is a room issue. The floor is...
Top Bottom