Recent content by canukhd

1. C

Directiva R1 Sealed Build

Woofer distortion. The sweep is from 150Hz to 5Khz. I am using a 3.8 ms window.
  2. C

I am now planning to experiment with a higher cross over frequency. I will run the horizontal off axis with a 2.4 Khz and 2.0 Khz to see what effect that has.
  3. C

Below is a picture of the tweeter with the gap. I added an additional gasket to bring the tweeter flush with the cabinet and then filled the gap with drywall compound. The new freqency response is below. I forgot to take a picture of the now flush tweeter and will add latter today. Flush...
  4. C

Thanks for the feedback. There is a small gap between the tweeter and the hole in the cabinet. (this is my first routing attemp) I have heard some recomend filling it bondo or drywall patch. I'll give that a try and see if it smooths out the off axis hump at 11 Khz. The 1.6 Khz cross over...
  5. C

Thanks, at least it is not a build or tweeter quality issue. I guess I will just have to toe them in to make sure they are directly facing the listening position.
  6. C

I also tried simulating the baffle step but the ground plane measurements did not match the simulation that accurately. I ultimately went with the VituixCAD simulation based on the raw groundplane measurements. Lastly, I built a turntable and did some horizontal off axis measurements. Mic...
  7. C

This is description of the build of a Directiva speaker system I started last spring. I used the drivers and enclosure from the published Directiva build but deviated on the design of the crossover. The system was intended for both home cinema and two channel music playback and will be...
Top Bottom