Recent content by CanisDirus

1. C

"Muscular" floorstanding speakers for 1500 euros

If anyone is interested in these speakers...they can be had for $600 USD each at Adorama. https://www.adorama.com/triboc68wv1c.html
  2. C

Thoughts on tubed preamps?

Yes, and as usual it goes off the rails fairly quickly. Amir is doing a great service and I get everything he has done...(though I do not technically get all of it). The main problem in audio is...there seems to be very little testing...serious testing. Many companies are relying on the...
  3. C

I agree...why I added that the argument is moot. It doesn't matter at all. I believe both positions are correct. The measurements matter...but measurements are never going to trump the brain. Whichever way you decide to land...one side the other...or the middle...you have just set in place your...
  4. C

Again, I believe you are under a misapprehension. I don't believe the ear can tell the difference between two similar solid state systems that measure well. I don't believe the ear can tell the difference between two similar tube systems that measure well (against each other). You can tell...
  5. C

I'd say it is fairly easy. Heh...see how easy it is to throw in the solid state bias?....'gotta be pretty bad'. Tube distortion isn't bad...it's good. Solid state distortion is always bad. Apples and oranges.
  6. C

Yes, the distortion is exactly why you can hear a difference between tubes and solid state. I think solid state adherents are getting distortion a bit off. Distortion with tubes is a harmonic distortion. The brain likes it. Solid state distortion is completely different...and never sounds...
  7. C

Okay...gotcha on the running joke. But we all know tubes add to music...so the opinion is valid. There is a very audible difference when you introduce tubes into an solid state system. Now whether folks like that...there's where the opinion kicks in...it's all personal. Edit: I should say that...
  8. C

It's not a spousal thing. It's having someone listen who doesn't give a sh*t. You'll get a more honest opinion...on most issues.
  9. C

Take it for what it is worth... I have used a Sony Uda-1 integrated preamp/amp/headphone for 15 years now...got it for free so...why not. It doesn't measure well when I checked a few months ago...so decided it was time to make some changes. So...on a whim...I bought a cheap little Aiyima T8...
  10. C

Considering dual Monoblocks for Polk R200, under $600

I ordered two of these just for kicks ...it seems ridiculous...but at the price...there isn't much of a downside. We'll see...lol...they are in the post now. But Aiyima has some winners in their repertoire...and some dogs...woof woof...
  11. C

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Etymotic Research ER3XR TinHiFi T3 Sony 7506 (of course) Harmonicdyne Poseidon I don't collect headphones. One set IEM's is for monitoring...one set for musicality...and same with full cans...and that's it.
  12. C

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Lol...power is NOT the most important variable. The NC 252 Sinad is 92 compared to this one at 120...not even close.
Top Bottom