Recent content by Call me Ali

1. C

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

I was extremely disappointed with this unit. The combination of good measurements, 4.4 balanced out, and reasonable price looked great on paper and I had very high hopes. When the unit arrived, I plugged it into my phone and it lit up, as it should. I didn't have a headphone handy and had to...
  2. C

Question about Hidizs S9 Pro

Thank you for the information about alsamixer. I had a couple of DACs and both had low volume on Linux and now they work great. Does your S9 Pro skip the first few milliseconds of an audio file? When I run the audio setting applications on both Window and Linux and test the left and right...
  3. C

Any upcoming AV processors?

If the preamp and DAC sections are identical, I hope the processor price will be lower since there won't be a power amp section.
  4. C

Where did you find the 9028 DAC information for the Integra 1.4? I haven't been able to find any technical information for this processor.
  5. C

Looks like there's a new Integra processor in the works. I'm assuming it'll be using Dirac like the new Onkyos. The model number is DRC-R1.4. On paper, it has everything I'm looking for...
  6. C

There are no reviews on this site. That's what I was referring to. Check out the processor reviews on the site you sent me. There are 14 processors listed on the first page; 12 have 5-stars for performance and 2 are close to 5. They don't have the knowledge or equipment to test objectively to...
  7. C

The comment about Windows was supposed to be tongur in cheek, but the laughing emoji did not make it through initially. It's fixed now.:) I'm looking forward to seeing your review of this unit when you get it. That price bracket is way outside my budget.
  8. C

When you said commuter based, I didn't think there was a standard computer motherboard in there. Hopefully it's not running Windows :p For the cost, there must be very good shielding to keep the electrical noise from the computer away from the audio section.
  9. C

The Rotel RSP-1576MKII looks very good on paper and has the full version of Dirac audio correction. I checked the review index and surprisingly there are no Rotel equipment of any kind listed. I wonder why that's the case. https://rotel.com/product/rsp-1576mkii
  10. C

That's a great price. I just checked ebay and there is only CX-A5000 listed for $900
  11. C

Hello everyone, Are there any AV processors that are slated to come out? The only two recommended units are $15000 and $17000? I was hoping one of the big boys like Anthem, NAD, or Arcam would have something good. Anthem processors used to be very good. I listened to one a few years ago when I...
  12. C

Hypex Ncore NC502MP - audible hum on one channel?

Shouldn't the Panamax power conditioner take care of issues like this?
Top Bottom