Recent content by caguilar91

1. caguilar91

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Sounds to me it's a bad unit with all the trouble. :(
  2. caguilar91

Try reinstalling the latest firmware again as @zenon recommends, if not maybe the USB cable might be bad but still unlikely. Finally, try contacting Topping describing the problem because it might be a bad unit. Also, what are the first 4 numbers of the serial number on your D10? As you must...
  3. caguilar91

You're on the latest firmware and driver. However that driver is meant for Windows 7 and Windows 8 which don't have support for UAC2 out of the box. So, maybe you may wanna try uninstalling the driver from Topping and use the one included on Windows 10.
  4. caguilar91

Have you updated your firmware? http://en.tpdz.net/wdzn_detail/newsId=84.html Also, if you're using Windows 10 I suggest not to install the Topping drivers, but use the drivers that already come in Windows. :)
  5. caguilar91

"Measured output voltage was 2.113 volts (RMS) on one channel and 2.108 on the other so very excellent (0.021 dB difference). Response is essentially ruler flat to 20 kHz." I guess he was trying to say 1.5 Vrms vs 2.1 Vrms. Also you can check that on the new analyzer RMS level shows the 2.1...
  6. caguilar91

Take a look at this... https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/e-mu-0204-usb.php Checked it out quickly and did notice it's an amplifier too, impedance seems high at 23.4 ohms and its amp section seems low powered, but as a DAC doesn't seem bad. If you connect headphones directly...
  7. caguilar91

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Long story short, RCA cables are better than 3.5 mm and will most surely measure a bit better (between cables of comprable quality), however you won't hear a difference so simply use the most accessible to you. Just don't do long runs as they're both unbalanced! ;)
  8. caguilar91

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

From what I've investigated, distortions aren't that audible until above 1% for THD and in certain cases not even until above 20% for mid-bass at 280 Hz and lower, not to mention 20 and 40 Hz: https://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/distortion And 0.5% of Transient Intermodulation Distortion seems to...
  9. caguilar91

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Mind to share if they're flexible enough for stacking? The Monoprice are pretty stiff.
  10. caguilar91

However I don't understand why when using the USB-C audio adapter it makes no mention of doing the MQA Core decoding, as the Essential Phone is an MQA capable device of some sorts. But with the DFR and KTB it mentions as if the complete decoding was done. It's not like something very important...
  11. caguilar91

From what I understand software decoding only manages to unfold up to 96 kHz. After that test I tried a 352.8 kHz MQA stream on Tidal and showed it was being unfolded on both, the Khadas Tone Board and the AudioQuest DragonFly Red. The weird thing is that when using the USB-C audio adapter it...
  12. caguilar91

Using Tidal with the Khadas Tone Board on my Essential Phone today I got the following surprise... It seems to be unfolding MQA on the HD Audio Accessory, in this case the Khadas Tone Board (or at least that's what the system is informing). Here I try with the USB-C audio adapter included with...
  13. caguilar91

JDS Atom amp - volume knob light not turning off ..anyone notice this?

Check the instrucion manual... https://www.jdslabs.com/pdf/instructions-atom-amp.pdf And try this from troubleshooting: Amplier does not turn off Cause: On rare occasion, mechanical relays can stick Solution: Tap or knock top of enclosure with moderate force to disengage
  14. caguilar91

Affordable Sennheiser Electrostatic (Baby HE 1) Project on Massdrop

The idea comes from the HE 60 that was sold at the beginning of the 2000s, which was a good electrostatic but the energizer however was the weakest link. So hopefully a better energizer, some better electrostatic drivers (at least same or better than the HE 60) and a price under $1000 is still...
Top Bottom