Recent content by Cadence

1. C

Motu M6

I think this is a good point. I guess they could have added just one ADAT input and maybe one more line in pair, so that it would have been quite versatile for the price but still different than the Ultralite, which focuses on line inputs instead of microphone inputs. The reason why I am...
  2. C

Motu M6

I was waiting for this sort of interface from MOTU, but the absence of SPDIF/ADAT makes it seem to be a missed opportunity. For instance, the Focusrite Clarett+ 4Pre has them and some more line inputs as well, with a price that is not too distant. I wonder if the available features were...
  3. C

Yamaha AG03/AG06 MK2 – Official specifications

Yamaha has recently released a new MK2 version of the AG03/AG06 mixer and audio interface, with USB-C connection, and I was wondering whether the AG06 could be a valid alternative to certain affordable audio interfaces, such as MOTU M4 and Focusrite Clarett+ 2Pre, particularly due to the...
  4. C

Help me choose an audio interface

From what I've seen, Motu M4 seems to be the best choice in an affordable price range. Focusrite Clarett+ 2 Pre could be fine too, but the price range is different. I am personally holding out because I believe Focusrite may release a new Scarlett Gen. 4 series during the upcoming summer, given...
  5. C

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

This is right. In addition, v1 was "Assembled in USA", v2 and v3 are "Made in China". I believe v1 is not available anymore and, given the absence of AKM chips, v2 shouldn't be either. I guess v3, as the response from Thomann mentioned, should be the one sold nowadays.
  6. C

I understand your reasoning. However, given #2 and #3 DAC chips are newer and better, why shouldn't one check, if possible? In any case, I contacted Thomann and their reply was that, considering they have only new stock and AKM chips have not been available since October 2020, by logic they...
  7. C

Given #1 should be the old version, which one do you think is better between #2 and #3? Then, how to make sure to purchase the better one between these two?
  8. C

Audio interface suggestion - Upgrade from Steinberg ur22

After much research and many questions on which interface to choose between recent ones, including Focusrite Clarett+ 2 Pre, SSL2+, Motu M4 and Audient ID14 MKII, I decided to purchase the Motu M4, because it seems to be the interface with the best price/quality ratio and without particular weak...
  9. C

Microphone for vocal recordings: cardioid or supercardioid?

This sounds good, but is unfeasible because I live in Europe! Thanks anyway! Understood, I will take these details into account when making the choice in the future.
  10. C

I see, no problem! The main doubt regarded the title of the thread: cardioid vs. supercardioid. Given all the helpful details, I believe choosing a dynamic supercardioid microphone as the single main one is a good choice for the moment. I listened to some comparisons that included the E945 and...
  11. C

Thanks for the information! The current objective is to perform some home recording tasks with voice and guitar, so affordable but decent entry-level equipment should be fine for the moment. I did not consider those two models because they do not cost the same as the E8xx ones; for example, 100...
  12. C

I see these are cardioid microphones. Do you believe that, for my scopes, they are better than supercardioid ones (e.g. Sennheiser E845)?
  13. C

I understand, but this one would be a single entry-level microphone to use in both cases; for the moment, I believe opting for a dynamic microphone may be the best idea, with future upgrades aimed at having a second condenser microphone.
  14. C

Thanks and good to know! Do you think the E845, as it is supercardioid, would give me issues with picking up sound reflections from an opposite wall in the mentioned small-medium room?
  15. C

Advice for Audio Monitors or Studio Monitor

I have just been searching for opinions on the Yamaha HS7, but read somewhere that they are overhyped as studio monitors, with advice to buy the Kali LP6 instead. I guess the Kali LP6 2nd Wave could be a good and affordable choice, which I am also taking into consideration.
Top Bottom